Third-Party Application Data Sharing
Starting July 1, 2021, CareSource will give you the ability to share your health data with Third-Party Applications (mobile phone apps) of your choice. We care about your privacy and security, so we want you to know some things before using any apps or sharing your data with them.
- CareSource will review Third-Party Applications to ensure that privacy and security protections exist.
- If the review shows a risk to CareSource systems, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) rules let us deny access to the Third-Party Application. If we decide there is a privacy risk, we will use the My CareSource® portal to let you know.
- CareSource is not responsible for the security of your data after it has been shared with the Third-Party Application. You will need to work with the Third-Party Application about any issues.
- We urge you to research these Third-Party Applications. Choose apps you trust to have access to your data.
- You must use your My CareSource account to authorize Third-Party Applications by checking ‘YES’ on the Member Consent on the Preferences page.
We will give updates about Third-Party Applications as needed.