Ohio Nonprofits End 2018 with a Gift from the CareSource Foundation
The CareSource Foundation Awarded $155,000 in Grants in Second Half of 2018
(Dayton, Ohio December 24, 2018) – To continue the mission of making a lasting impact in Ohio communities, the CareSource Foundation has ended 2018 by awarding grants to thirty-one nonprofit organizations. Since its launch in 2006, the CareSource Foundation has provided over 1,300 Ohio nonprofit organizations nearly $17 million to strengthen and support community initiatives.
The CareSource Foundation provides grants to nonprofits who are working to eliminate poverty, provide services to low and moderate-income families, build healthier communities and develop innovative approaches to address significant social issues.
“Health care is only one component in the complex lives of our consumers and community,” said Cathy Ponitz,Vice President, CareSource Foundation. “The CareSource Foundation enables us to transcend standard health care and reach into our local communities to better understand and solve social issues. Our grantees have become outstanding partners in our work to eradicate poverty and create healthier families and communities.”
CareSource Foundation Grants Highlights
Below are four of the thirty-one nonprofits who were each awarded $5,000 grants from the CareSource Foundation:
- Ronald McDonald House Charities of Dayton (Southwest) allows families of children with medical challenges no cost residence in order to alleviate the stress of their child’s treatment. The CareSource Foundation Grant will provide accommodations and support services for families in the Dayton region.
- Neighborhood Alliance (Northeast) provides social services including emergency shelters, childcare, and nutrition services to residents in Lorain County. The CareSource Foundation Grant will fund a home delivery meal service for seniors who are unable leave their home or are at-risk of losing their ability to live independently.
- Miami County Recovery Center (Southwest) is a 24-7, fully staffed, opiate addiction treatment center that utilizes Medication Assistance Therapy (MAT) and counseling services to treat addiction. The CareSource Foundation Grant will deliver operational support towards the care provided by their in-house recovery specialists and nurses.
- Fisher-Nightingale Houses (Statewide) is a veteran-focused organization that provides housing and accommodations for families of veterans receiving care at the local VA hospital. The CareSource Foundation Grant will provide 13,500 nights of stay for veterans’ families at no cost.
Funding by Region
- Big Brothers & Big Sisters of Greater Cincinnati
- CA Group
- Clark County Literacy Coalition
- Echoing Hills Village, Inc.
- Family Violence Prevention Center
- Giving Life A Dream House (G.L.A.D.)
- Health Partners Free Clinic
- Miami County Recovery Council
- National Alliance of Mental Illness of Southwest Ohio
- Pro Bono Partnership of Ohio
- Ronald McDonald House Charities of Dayton
- Springfield Christian Youth Ministries
Northwest – $15,000
- Aurora Project
- Big Brothers & Big Sisters of Mercer Auglaize Counties
- Catholic Charities of Toledo
Northeast – $45,000
- Carmella Rose Health Foundation
- Christian Children’s Home of Ohio
- Community Partnership Foundation
- Domestic Violence Project
- May Dugan Center
- MobileMed1 Mobile Clinic
- National Alliance of Mental Illness Cleveland
- Neighborhood Alliance
- Vantage Aging
Central – $30,000
- Breathing Association
- Furniture Bank of Central Ohio
- Neighborhood Services, Inc.
- Southeast, Inc.
- Welcome Warehouse
- Women’s Clinic of Columbus
- Fisher-Nightingale Houses
CareSource is a nonprofit, multistate health plan recognized as a national leader in managed care. Founded in 1989, CareSource administers one of the nation’s largest Medicaid managed care plans and offers a lifetime of access to care through health insurance, including Medicaid, Health Insurance Marketplace, Medicare Advantage and dual-eligible programs.
Headquartered in Dayton, Ohio, CareSource serves nearly 2 million members in Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Ohio and West Virginia. CareSource understands the challenges consumers face navigating the health system and is transforming health care with industry-leading programs that improve the health and well-being of our members.
For more, visit www.caresource.com, follow @caresource on Twitter, or like CareSource on Facebook.