Care Coordination

  • What is a care coordinator?

    • A care coordinator will connect you and your family with community support. They coordinate the services you are already getting and any other support needed. They will work with you to create a Person-Centered Service Plan (PCSP). This plan will help you reach your goals. It also links your medical health, developmental disability, and specialty health services.
  • Can a care coordinator help pay my utility bills?

    • A care coordinator can connect you to resources in your community. These resources may be able to help you with these needs.
  • Is a care coordinator the same as a DCFS caseworker?

    • No. Your care coordinator does not replace your DCFS caseworker or any provider you have. A care coordinator will help ensure all of your services are lined up and in place for you.
  • Does a care coordinator make a home visit every month?

    • CareSource PASSE care coordinators are here to help you and your family. Your health and wellness is our top priority. We will work with you, your family, caregivers or guardians to get the best possible outcomes. Some of your meetings will be face to face. Other visits will take place on the phone. Your care coordinator will work with you to schedule visits at the time and place that is easiest for you.
  • What services does CareSource PASSE offer?

    • Please refer to the Member Handbook for a list of covered services. You can also ask your care coordinator or call Member Services to have a printed copy of the member handbook mailed to you.
  • Does a care coordinator call me every month? If so, why?

    • Yes, we will call or meet with you each month. CareSource PASSE wants to ensure all of your services are in place and lined up for you. Your care coordinator can also help with any care related issues. If you would like to talk about the way that your care coordinator contacts you, speak with them directly.
  • Does a care coordinator talk to teachers at schools?

    • Care coordinators will only speak with individuals at a member’s school when members or their caregivers/guardians have agreed to it. It may also be helpful to have your care coordinator go to Individual Education Plan (IEP) and 504 Plan meetings.
  • Does a care coordinator help call the doctor’s office?

    • Care coordinators can help schedule visits with providers or anything else that will help coordinate your care.
  • What is the Person-Centered Service Plan (PCSP)?

    • Your PCSP is an overall plan of care. It includes:

      What you need:

      • CareSource PASSE phone numbers.
      • Emergency phone numbers.
      • List of people on your Person-Centered Team (PCT).

      What you and your PCT need:

      • Your diagnosis.
      • Your social, medical, physical and mental health history.
      • Your medications.
      • List of services you get and who provides them.

      What your PCT needs to know to best help you:

      • Your treatment, goals and objectives for your care.
      • Your strengths, choices and preferences.
      • A crisis plan to help you through or even prevent a crisis.

Get a CareSource member ID Card, Plan Documents or Change Your Doctor

  • How do I get a new CareSource PASSE member ID card?
    • You can get a new member ID card by logging in to your My CareSource account and clicking “Request ID Card.” You can also download our mobile app and view your ID card on the go. Or, you can call your care coordinator or Member Services for a new member ID card.
  • How do I get a new member handbook or provider directory?
    • All new members get postage-paid request cards in their Navigate New Member Booklet. Just drop either or both cards in the mail and we will send you what you requested. You can also call Member Services to ask for printed copies.

Contact Us

  • How can I contact CareSource PASSE?

    • Just call Member Services at 1-833-230-2005 (TDD/TTY: 711) Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. CT. You can also contact us online through the Tell Us form.
  • What if I have a health question after hours?

    • CareSource24 is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, including holidays. Just call 1-833-687-7305 (TDD/TTY: 711).
  • How can I get help in another language or format?

    • You can call Member Services at 1-833-230-2005 (TDD/TTY: 711). We can get someone who can sign or speak your language to help you talk with us or your doctor. And it is free. We can also give you some printed items in some other languages.