Pregnancy & Family Planning
We want you to have a healthy pregnancy. Family planning helps:
- You be healthy before getting pregnant.
- Put off pregnancy until you are ready.
- Protect you and your partner from sexually transmitted infections.
Before You Are Pregnant
If you are thinking about having a baby, you can do some things now to be as healthy as possible before getting pregnant. These actions can limit problems during pregnancy:
- Make an appointment to see your PCP
- Talk with your PCP about healthy eating
- Stop smoking now
- Take folic acid daily
- Don’t drink alcohol or use illegal drugs
While You Are Pregnant
You can find a network provider at findadoctor.CareSource.com. Seeing your provider on a routine basis while you are pregnant can spot problems before they happen.
After You Have Your Baby
Schedule a visit with your provider 3-6 weeks after you have your baby. They can make sure your body is recovering, check on your mental health, and answer any questions you might have.
Member Services: 1-833-230-2005 (TDD/TTY: 711) Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. CT