Quick Start Guide
Welcome to CareSource PASSE!
We are excited to have you as a CareSource PASSE member! We want to get you started enjoying your benefits right away. It’s easy!
Just follow these quick start steps:
Connect with your CareSource PASSE care coordinator
Your care coordinator is your main point of contact for all of your health care needs. Your care coordinator will reach out to you when you join CareSource PASSE. Please call Member Services if you have not heard from a care coordinator.
Get your CareSource PASSE member ID card
Your CareSource PASSE member ID card comes in your New Member Booklet. If you did not get a New Member Booklet, please talk to your care coordinator or call Member Services. Always keep your ID card with you. You will need it each time you see a provider or get your prescriptions.
Set up a visit with your primary care provider (PCP) soon after you enroll
If you already have a PCP, check if they are in the CareSource PASSE network. In-network providers are those who accept CareSource PASSE insurance. Your care coordinator can help you find providers in the CareSource PASSE network. You can also find the most up-to-date list of in-network providers in your Provider Directory, at findadoctor.caresource.com, or by calling Member Services.
View your member handbook
You can view your member handbook online. You can also get a printed copy by calling Member Services. Your handbook has a lot of important information like:
- Covered services and how to get them
- How to view the list of covered prescription drugs
- Behavioral health and substance use services
- Home and Community Based Services (HCBS)
- How to find providers in our network
- Where to go for care
- How to tell us you’re unhappy with a decision we made
- How to report suspected Medicaid fraud, waste and abuse
- How to report abuse, neglect and exploitation of you or someone else
- Your membership rights and responsibilities
Get a printed copy of your member handbook or provider directory
You can get a printed member handbook or provider directory at no cost to you. Please mail the postcards from your New Member Booklet back if you would a printed copy of these materials. There is no postage needed. You can also call Member Services and ask to get these mailed to you.
Set up a My CareSource®
You can use your My CareSource account to ask for a new ID card, view claims and plan details, update your contact information and choose how you would like to hear from us. It’s easy to do:
- Go to My.caresource.com.
- Click Sign Up at the bottom of the page.
- Answer the questions.
- Click Register. You’re all set!
Get the CareSource PASSE mobile app
Our free mobile app lets you manage your CareSource PASSE plan on-the-go. With the mobile app you can:
- Access your secure My CareSource® account
- View your digital CareSource PASSE member ID card
- Find a doctor, hospital, clinic, or urgent care near you through the Find A Doctor tool
- Call and speak with Member Services, and more!
Get the mobile app through the App Store® for iPhone® or Google Play® for Android®.
Member Services: 1-833-230-2005 (TDD/TTY: 711) Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. CT