CareSource knows that health care can be confusing. We strive to make it easy for doctors, members and the community to work with us, whether online or over the phone. That’s health care with heart!
Online Self-Help Tools
Need to find a new doctor or see if your prescription medicine is covered by CareSource? Need to request a new ID card or access claim information? You can find information fast and submit requests online anytime day or night by using the Quick Links on the left side of the page.
With Quick Links, you can locate doctors/providers, pharmacies and covered medications. You can also set up a free, secure My CareSource® online account to change your doctor, request a new ID card, pay your premium, see your claim information and more. Log in or create your My CareSource account. You can also get the free CareSource mobile app to use many of these features on-the-go.
You can also use the online Tell Us form to send us your question or request. You will receive a response within one business day. If you send us your question or request on a Friday, you will get a response by Monday of the next week.
If you are having trouble finding the information you are looking for on our website or have more questions, please call us. Our Member Services staff will be happy to answer your questions.
Member Services: 1-855-202-0729 (TTY: 1-800-255-0056 or 711) 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday – Friday
To observe the holidays, CareSource Member Services is closed on these days:
- New Year’s Day, January 1
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, January 21
- Memorial Day, May 27
- 4th of July, July 4
- Labor Day, September 2
- Thanksgiving Day, November 28
- Day after Thanksgiving, November 29
- Christmas Day, December 25
While CareSource may be closed on the holidays noted, our CareSource24 Nurse Advice Line is always available.
Is there a CareSource member in your family who:
- Does not speak English?
- Has limited reading skills?
- Has a hearing problem?
- Has a vision problem?
We can get someone who can sign or speak your language to help you talk with us or your doctor over the phone or in person. This is a free service to our members.
CareSource24 Nurse Advice Line
If you have questions about your health, CareSource24® provides around-the-clock access to a caring and experienced staff of registered nurses. Members can call the CareSource24 toll-free number located on their ID cards 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Our nurses can help you:
- Decide when self-care, a doctor visit or the emergency room is appropriate
- Understand a medical condition or recent diagnosis
- Prepare questions for doctor visits
- Find out more about prescriptions or over-the-counter medicines
- Learn about nutrition and wellness
Report Fraud, Waste & Abuse
CareSource has a program for handling cases of health care fraud, waste and abuse. We monitor and take action on any member or provider fraud, waste and abuse. Please see our Fraud, Waste & Abuse page for more information.
Office of the Ombudsman
The CareSource Office of the Ombudsman is an independent, neutral department within CareSource that serves the needs of CareSource members, providers and other stakeholders.
The CareSource Office of the Ombudsman is committed to ensuring stakeholders obtain impartial resolution to their concerns. In addition, this department identifies and mitigates potential systemic issues within the health plan.
The Office of the Ombudsman:
- Is free of charge
- Is a neutral, independent advocate for CareSource members
- Helps coordinate services with local community/advocacy organizations (This includes both covered and non-covered services.)
- Provides health plan navigation and advocacy assistance to research and resolve outstanding issues
- Assists with complaint and grievance resolution
Contact the CareSource Office of the Ombudsman: 1-678-214-7580
Toll Free: 1-877-683-8993