CareSource knows that health care can be confusing. We strive to make it easy for doctors, members and the community to work with us, whether online or over the phone. That’s health care with heart!
Online Self-Help Tools
Need to find a new doctor or see if your prescription medicine is covered by CareSource? Need to request a new ID card or access claim information? You can find information fast and submit requests online anytime day or night by using the Quick Links on the left side of the page.
With Quick Links, you can locate doctors/providers, pharmacies and covered medications. You can also set up a free, secure My CareSource® online account to change your doctor, request a new ID card, pay your premium, see your claim information and more. Log in or create your My CareSource account. You can also get the free CareSource mobile app to use many of these features on-the-go.
You can also use the online Tell Us form to send us your question or request. You will receive a response within one business day. If you send us your question or request on a Friday, you will get a response by Monday of the next week.
If you are having trouble finding the information you are looking for on our website or have more questions, please call us. Our Member Services staff will be happy to answer your questions. Member Services is open Monday – Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., except on the dates noted below. Just call 1-855-202-0729 (TTY: 1-800-255-0056 or 711).
Is there a CareSource member in your family who:
- Does not speak English?
- Has limited reading skills?
- Has a hearing problem?
- Has a vision problem?
We can get someone who can sign or speak your language to help you talk with us or your provider over the phone or in person. This is at no cost to you.
In 2022 and 2023 CareSource is closed* on:
- Thanksgiving – November 24 and 25, 2022
- Christmas – December 23 and 26, 2022
- New Year’s Day (observed) – January 2, 2023
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day – January 16, 2023
- Memorial Day – May 29, 2023
- Independence Day – July 4, 2023
- Labor Day – September 4, 2023
- Thanksgiving – November 23 and 24, 2023
- Christmas – December 25 and 26, 2023
*Our CareSource24® Nurse Advice Line is open 24/7, 365 days a year, along with observed holidays.
CareSource24® Nurse Advice Line
Members can call CareSource24®, our Nurse Advice Line any time to talk with a caring, skilled nurse. This is a free call. You can call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Our nurses can help you:
- Learn about a health problem
- Decide when a doctor visit or an ER is needed
- Find out more about drugs or over-the-counter medications
- Find out about health tests or surgery
- Learn about healthy eating habits
To reach the CareSource24® Nurse Advice Line, call 1-844-206-5944 (TTY: 1-800-255-0056 or 711).
Report Fraud, Waste & Abuse
CareSource has a program for handling cases of health care fraud, waste and abuse. We monitor and take action on any member or provider fraud, waste and abuse. Please see our Fraud, Waste & Abuse page for more information.
Office of the Ombudsman
The CareSource Office of the Ombudsman is an independent, neutral unit. If you have a problem that you feel CareSource has not addressed or resolved, the Office of Ombudsman is here to help. This involves:
- Making sure you get a fair answer to any issues.
- Helping you find covered care in the CareSource network.
- Finding doctors who can provide care not covered under your CareSource plan.
How to Reach the Office of the Ombudsman:
- Email: gaombudsman@CareSource.com
- Phone: (678) 214-7580 / Toll Free: 1-877-683-8993
- The email and phone line are checked regularly between 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Calls or emails received after 5:00 p.m. will be returned the next business day.
The Office of Ombudsman:
- Is free of charge
- Is a neutral, independent support for you
- Helps arrange services with local groups
- Involves covered and non-covered services
- Helps guide you through your health plan
- Helps to solve unsettled issues