Trusted answers and advice for the whole family – including kids and teens!
Click here to see Dr. Seema Csukas, Georgia medical director, and Taura White, director of Member Services, discuss the importance of well-child visits and immunizations.
KidsHealth is a trusted source for health info for the whole family – parents, children and teens. KidsHealth gives you easy-to-read articles, videos, interactive health tools, and doctor-reviewed advice on hundreds of health topics, from before birth through the teen years. Check it out!
Visit the KidsHealth video library to watch short movies on topics like: Asthma, Diabetes, Medical Tests, Medications, and more!
The Kids Wellness program helps families support their kids to get or stay at a healthy weight. Kids Wellness guides families on how to build healthy habits across four main topics: body weight, healthy eating, staying active, and feelings or behavior. The program is for kids from age 3 to 17 who have a Body Mass Index (BMI) at or above the 95th percentile based on their age and sex.
Nutrition and Fitness Center
Visit the nutrition and fitness center for info and answers to your questions about food, exercise, sports, and more
- Nutrition and Fitness Center for Parents
- Nutrition and Fitness Centers for Teens
- Nutrition and Fitness Center for Children
Health and Wellness for Parents:
- Nutrition and Fitness for Parents: You know the benefit of exercise and healthy eating, but do you know how to raise a healthy and active child? Get advice and tips here.
- Definition of Body Mass Index: Doctors use body mass index (BMI) to compare a child’s growth to other kids of the same age. Here’s how to figure out BMI and know what the numbers mean.
Disease Management for Kids and Teens:
Kids and teens may need help if they are dealing with a chronic condition like asthma. Visit the KidsHealth page to find out more!
- Asthma Center: Asthma keeps more kids home from school than any other long-term health problem. Help your child handle the condition, stay healthy, and stay in school.
- Diabetes Center: Does your child have type 1 or type 2 diabetes? Get help to handle diabetes and keep your child healthy.
Health and Wellness For the Family:
- Healthy Weight Video: People come in all shapes and sizes. But what makes a healthy weight? Watch this movie and find out!
- Nutrition and Fitness for Kids: Want to know more about eating right and being active? This is the place for kids!
- Nutrition and Fitness for Teens: Want to know more about eating right and being active? This is the place for teens!
- Yoga Videos for Kids: Unwind after a long day at school with yoga for kids and teens!
- How to Read a Nutrition Facts Label: Nutrition Facts labels, often found on the back of food packages, can be hard to understand. Here’s how to read them.
- Learn How to Meditate: Meditation helps us feel connected and grateful for the people in our lives. This is just one of the guided meditations for whole family.
- Managing Your Weight: Get ideas on food, fitness, and stay motivated. We’ve also got tools and recipes just for teens.
- Food Journal: A food journal helps you track your eating. You may see links between your feelings and food.
- Exercise Log: Tracking your exercise is a great way to stay motivated and reach your goals. com/TeensExerciseLog
- Personal Plan: Anyone who has tried to lose weight knows it can be a struggle. The best way to lose weight is to focus on making small changes that are easy to stick with in the long run. Use our plan to get there!