Trusted answers and advice for the whole family – including kids and teens!
Watch the video below to see Dr. Seema Csukas, Georgia medical director, and Taura White, director of Member Services, discuss the importance of well-child visits and immunizations.
KidsHealth is a trusted source for health info for the whole family – parents, children and teens. You can get easy-to-read articles, videos, interactive health tools, and doctor-reviewed advice from before birth through the teen years. Check it out!
Visit the KidsHealth video library to watch short movies on topics like: Asthma, Diabetes, Medical Tests, Medications, and more!
Nutrition and Fitness Center
Visit the nutrition and fitness center for info and answers to your questions about food, exercise, sports, and more
- Nutrition and Fitness Center for Parents
- Nutrition and Fitness Centers for Teens
- Nutrition and Fitness Center for Children
Disease Management for Kids and Teens:
Kids and teens may need help if they are dealing with a chronic condition like asthma. Visit the KidsHealth page to find out more.
- Asthma Center: Asthma keeps more kids home from school than any other long-term health problem. Help your child handle the condition, stay healthy, and stay in school.
- Diabetes Center: Does your child have type 1 or type 2 diabetes? Get help to handle diabetes and keep your child healthy.
Health and Wellness For the Family:
- Healthy Weight Video: People come in all shapes and sizes. But what makes a healthy weight? Watch this movie and find out!
- Yoga Videos for Kids: Unwind after a long day at school with yoga for kids and teens!
- How to Read a Nutrition Facts Label: Nutrition Facts labels, often found on the back of food packages, can be hard to understand. Here’s how to read them.
- Learn How to Meditate: Meditation helps us feel connected and grateful for the people in our lives. This is just one of the guided meditations for whole family.
- Managing Your Weight: Get ideas on food, fitness, and stay motivated. We’ve also got tools and recipes just for teens.
- Exercise Log: Tracking your exercise is a great way to stay motivated and reach your goals. com/TeensExerciseLog
- Personal Plan: Anyone who has tried to lose weight knows it can be a struggle. The best way to lose weight is to focus on making small changes that are easy to stick with in the long run. Use our plan to get there!
- Body Mass Index: Doctors use body mass index (BMI) to compare a child’s growth to other kids of the same age. Here’s how to figure out BMI and know what the numbers mean.
Member Services: 1-855-202-0729 (TTY: 1-800-255-0056 or 711), Monday – Friday 7 a.m. – 7 p.m.