COVID-19 Information and Resources
Locate Vaccine Providers
Look for a vaccine site near you. You can search by your zip code or county.
If you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, you should get tested. Visit the link below for more information or check with your primary care provider (PCP).
Slow the Spread and Save Lives
Things you need to know about the COVID-19 Vaccine
Your safety is the top priority of researchers and manufacturers who created the COVID-19 vaccine. The vaccine development process was similar to steps taken to develop the flu and measles vaccines. Clinical trials, FDA evaluation and advisory group review were part of this process. The COVID-19 vaccines are safe and effective.
The vaccine will help keep you from getting COVID-19 and will protect other people around you. The COVID-19 vaccine is available at no charge. Adults and those 5 years and older are encouraged to get the vaccine.
Georgia Department of Health Frequently Asked Questions
- File for Unemployment
- Apply for Medicaid
- Georgia Department of Public Health
- Resource for Services and Assistance amid COVID-19
- GA COVID-19 Telephone Hotline: 1-844-442-2681
Over-The-Counter COVID-19 Home Tests
As of January 15, 2022 over-the-counter (OTC) at-home COVID-19 tests are covered at no cost to you through Medicare Part B. No pre-approval or prescription is needed. to you. No pre-approval or prescription is needed.
The coverage and limits for no cost home COVID-19 tests are set by the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS). Visit the HHS website for more info.
Member Support & Resources
CareSource24® Nurse Advice Line
CareSource24® Nurse Advice Line provides around-the-clock access to a caring and experienced staff of registered nurses. They can help you decide where to get care. Members can call the CareSource24 toll-free number located on their CareSource member ID cards 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
We want our members to know their CareSource health coverage continues to offer many existing programs and services. This also includes state resources due to COVID-19.
- COVID-19 Testing
- COVID-19 testing is covered with no out-of-pocket costs for all members, regardless of their plan at approved testing locations.
- CareSource24® Nurse Advice Line
- CareSource24® Nurse Advice Line provides around-the-clock access to a caring and experienced staff of registered nurses. They can answer questions you may have about your symptoms, general health and where to get care.
- Telehealth Services
- Telehealth options are encouraged as available from your primary care provider (PCP) or through RelyMD (formerly known as MYidealDOCTOR®). CareSource partners with RelyMD to offer members access 24/7 to doctors by phone, mobile app or computer to evaluate symptoms or risk of infection, and triage next steps. Contact your PCP to see if they offer telehealth visits.
- Care Management
- Care Management is available to support members at higher risk for more serious problems from COVID-19 illness.
- MyResources interactive tool connects members with programs and services. This includes access to food, shelter, financial support and more. Log into your My CareSource® account.
- COVID-19 Housing Eviction Moratorium
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) issued a moratorium on evictions in September 2020. The moratorium is a short-term freeze on evictions. The goal of the moratorium was to stop further spread of COVID-19. It ended August 26, 2021.
- Renters may now be at risk of eviction for unpaid rent and fees. Homeowners may also be able to get financial assistance through state and local government agencies. Use the below sources for more information:
CDC Resources: COVID-19 Information
If you are having trouble finding the information you are looking for on our website or have more questions, please call us. Our Member Services staff will be happy to answer your questions.