End or Change Membership
We hope you will be happy with CareSource. If you have problems or concerns about your benefits, please call us so we can try to resolve them with you. However, you do have the right to change to another Georgia Families® or PeachCare for Kids® managed care plan in these cases:
- During the first 90 days after you enroll with CareSource or you are sent notice of enrollment with CareSource, whichever is later
- Every 12 months from your date of enrollment
- When you have a qualified reason to change, such as:
- Asking to enroll in the same Georgia Families® managed care plan as a family member
- Asking to enroll in the same P4HB® managed care plan as a family member
- You need services or providers that are not offered in the CareSource network
- Poor quality care
For more information, see the Membership Termination chapter of your member handbook.
Redeterminations of eligibility for Georgia Medicaid and PeachCare for Kids® happen at least each year.
You will get a note in the mail before the renewal deadline. The renewal date is based on the following:
- New members – 12 months from the original date of eligibility
- Existing members – 12 months from the last redetermination date
Steps to Renew
- Go to the Georgia Gateway website, or
- Call the Georgia Division of Family and Children Services (DFCS) at 1-877-423-4746 (TTY 1-800-255-0135).
Peach Care for Kids®
- Renew online at the Georgia Gateway website, or
- Call DFCS at 1-877-423-4746 (TTY 1-800-255-0135), and
- Use the paper form that came in the mail. Follow the instructions that come with it to submit your application.
For more information about redetermination, Georgia Medicaid members should visit the Georgia Medicaid website. Peach Care for Kids® members should go to the Peach Care for Kids® website. You can also call CareSource Member Services.
Member Services: 1-855-202-0729 (TTY: 1-800-255-0056 or 711) 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday – Friday