End or Change Membership
We want you to be happy with CareSource. If you are not, please let us know – we want to make it right. However, you do have the right to change to another Georgia Families® or PeachCare for Kids® managed care plan in these cases:
- During the first 90 days after you enroll or are sent notice of enrollment with CareSource.
- Every 12 months from your date of enrollment
- When you have a reason to change, such as:
- You want to be on the same plan as a family member
- You need care or providers that are not offered in the CareSource network
- You got poor quality care
Please review your member handbook to learn more about disenrollment.
Renew Your CareSource Insurance
Redeterminations of eligibility for Georgia Medicaid and PeachCare for Kids® happen at least each year.
You will get a note in the mail before the renewal deadline. The renewal date is based on the following:
- New members – 12 months from the original date of eligibility
- Existing members – 12 months from the last redetermination date
Renew Your Coverage in One of These Ways
- Online. Go to the Georgia Gateway, sign in and renew your benefits.
- By Phone. Call 1-877-423-4746. Business hours are 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- By Mail. Fill out the form and mail it back right away to DFCS. Find the address to your local county office here.
- In Person. Visit your local county DFCS office. Find the address to your local county office here.
Please note that CareSource cannot process your renewal. Call your local DFCS office if you have questions. You have to renew using one of the options above. It must be handled by your local DFCS office.
Reminder: Please make sure that DFCS has your current address and phone number.
Member Services: 1-855-202-0729 (TTY: 1-800-255-0056 or 711), Monday – Friday 7 a.m. – 7 p.m.