CareSource always works to improve the quality of care and service for our members. We want you to be happy with the care and services you get. We use measurements to see how well we are doing. Some of the areas of care and service that we look at are:
- Well-child care
- Preventive screenings
- Prenatal and postpartum care
- Chronic disease management for conditions such as:
- High blood pressure
- Care after being in a hospital for a behavioral health condition
- Care for children given ADHD medicines
We also look at how quickly you get care and if you got the care you needed from your PCP. We also check to ensure you get good service from CareSource.
CareSource uses national preventive health guidelines to help members learn about health prevention. These guidelines help members get the health screenings and exams that they need. Learn more about the preventive care guidelines.
CareSource may also call or send you reminders for health exams and screenings you may need. If you have a long-term health issue like asthma or diabetes, you should:
- See your PCP on a routine basis
- Talk with your PCP about the best plan to take care of your health issue or if you have trouble following your health plan
- Take the medications your PCP has given you
- Call your doctor to talk about changing the drugs if they make you sick or cause an allergic reaction
- Don’t stop taking your medication until you talk to your doctor
Member Services: 1-855-202-0729 (TTY: 1-800-255-0056 or 711), Monday – Friday 7 a.m. – 7 p.m.