Quick Start Guide
Welcome Georgia Medicaid and PeachCare for Kids® members!
We are excited to have you as a new member of CareSource! And we want to get you started enjoying your CareSource benefits fast. It’s easy! Watch this short video to get started.
Quick Start Steps for New Members
(or their Parents/Guardians)
Follow these Quick Start Steps for New Members to ensure a smooth start to your new benefits. You can even earn rewards!
Step 1 — Watch for Your ID Cards. You will get an ID card in the mail. Put your ID card in your wallet. Use it each time you use your health care benefits.
Step 2 — Learn About Your Benefits. Read your member handbook to learn about your health care benefits and how to use them. Plus, learn about the extra benefits CareSource provides.
Step 3 — Make sure the providers (Doctors, Nurses, Hospitals and other Health Care Services) you plan to use are in the CareSource network. In most cases, CareSource does not pay for charges from providers that are not part of our network. You can use the Find a Doctor/Provider search tool to find:
- Your primary care provider (PCP)
- Your primary dental provider (PDP)/Dental Home
- Any specialists you expect to see
- Your hospital
Step 4 — Make Sure Your prescriptions are on the CareSource Drug List. You can use the Find My Prescriptions search tool to see what medicines and medical supplies are covered.
Step 5 — Set Up a My CareSource® personal online account. You can use your My CareSource account to change your doctor, ask for a new ID card, view claims and plan details, update your contact information and choose the way you would like for us to communicate with you. It’s easy to do:
- Go to My.CareSource.com.
- Click Sign Up at the bottom of the page.
- Answer the questions.
- Click Register.
To register, you need your name as it appears on your member ID card, your birthdate and member ID.
Step 6 — Get the CareSource Mobile App. This mobile app lets you manage your CareSource health plan on the go. The app is free. The CareSource mobile app is available through the App Store® for iPhone® or Google Play® for Android®.
Step 7 — Complete your Health Needs Assessment (HNA). Using a few questions about your health and lifestyle, CareSource can help your providers coordinate your care. You can take the HNA in one of these ways:
Step 8 — Get Rewarded! Adult members can earn a $15 gift card once your benefits are active by taking the following three steps through your My CareSource account or by calling Member Services:
- Choose your communication preference. Tell us how you want information sent to you: by regular mail, email, or text. Make these choices the first time you log in to your My CareSource account. If you choose email or text, you will get an email or text notifying you to check your My CareSource account to receive your message.
- Choose or change your PCP and PDP.
- Do you regularly take prescription medications? If so, make sure these medicines are on the CareSource drug list. Check the drug list to see if they require approval from CareSource before they can be filled.
- Do you have an ongoing medical condition, such as pregnancy, diabetes or asthma? If you have a condition and think you may benefit from extra support from CareSource, call Member Services to ask about our Care Management or Disease Management programs.
- Do you have a medical procedure planned or treatment underway? If so, call Member Services right away (before the procedure/treatment).
Time for a Checkup?
If it has been more than a year since you have had a checkup from your current PCP or you are choosing a new PCP, we recommend you schedule a checkup, even if you are not sick. Children may need well-visit checkups more often depending on their age. It lets your doctor assess how to help you get and stay healthy. They can also recommend any preventive care you need. If you are a new patient, it establishes you as that doctor’s patient so that you can get appointments faster if you get sick or injured.
We will call you in the next few weeks to make sure you get these important materials and answer any questions you might have. CareSource may also contact you if we think you might benefit from extra help managing your health care, like our Care Management or Disease Management programs. We will also send you health reminders sometimes and newsletters with information about healthy living and your health care plan.
You have these great resources to help you learn more about your health care plan and how to use it:
Our most used tools are found in our Quick Links section on the left side of each web page. You can also explore our videos by clicking on the links below.
We look forward to serving you and helping you improve your health and well-being. If you have questions, just call Member Services.
Member Services: 1-855-202-0729 (TTY: 1-800-255-0056 or 711), Monday – Friday 7 a.m. – 7 p.m.