Quick Start Steps for New Members
- Put your CareSource ID card in your wallet. Use it each time you use your health care benefits.
- Review your CareSource member handbook to learn about your CareSource benefits. Refer back to it before you use your benefits if you have questions. Note your benefit start date on your welcome letter.
- You can use any provider. They do not need to be in the CareSource nework.
- Visit My CareSource and set up your personal online account. You will need your member ID number from your ID card or new member kit welcome letter. You’ll also need to enter a secure password. You can use your My CareSource account to change your doctor, ask for a new ID card, view claims and plan details, update your contact information and choose the way you would like for us to communicate with you.
- Download the free CareSource mobile app through Google Play or iTunes. It will keep you connected to your CareSource benefits on the go — you can even view your ID card!
- Do you regularly take prescription medications? If so, make sure these medicines are on the CareSource drug list. Check the drug list to see if they require approval from CareSource before they can be filled.
- Do you have an ongoing medical condition, such as diabetes or asthma? If you have a condition and think you may benefit from extra support from CareSource, call Member Services to ask about our Care Management or Disease Management programs.
- Do you have a medical procedure planned or treatment underway? If so, call Member Services right away (before the procedure/treatment).
Time for a Checkup?
If it has been more than a year since you have had a checkup from your current PCP or you are choosing a new PCP, we recommend you schedule a checkup — even if you are not sick. Children may need well-visit checkups more frequently depending on their age. It lets your doctor assess how to help you get and stay healthy and recommend any preventive care needed. If you are a new patient, it establishes you as that doctor’s patient so that you can get appointments faster if you get sick or injured.
Member Services: 1-855-202-0729 (TTY: 1-800-255-0056 or 711) 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday – Friday