Telehealth is a convenient option for care, and may lower your chance of being exposed to illnesses like the flu. It can also give you quick medical advice that can prevent your condition from getting worse. There is no cost to use telehealth and it removes the stress of needing transportation to and from the doctor’s office.
Your PCP may offer telehealth services on your phone or computer. You can talk to your PCP from wherever you are. Please check with your PCP for available options and to learn more.
You can use telehealth for many common issues and follow-up appointments such as medication follow-ups, sinus infections, allergies, rashes, and more. Your provider can tell you if an in-person visit is needed or if you can have a telehealth visit. CareSource also offers two types of telehealth services: Georgia Partnership for Telehealth (GPT) and RelyMD®.
Georgia Partnership for Telehealth (GPT)
CareSource works with GPT to give you more access to specialty care. You can see a provider that is far away using medical cameras and live video from an office close to you. If you live in a rural area, this gives you better access to the care you need.
How does the GPT work?
- Your PCP can refer you to a specialist.
- The GPT scheduling center can then schedule your visit.
- You then meet with the specialist by video. This gives you a face-to-face visit.
- The specialist offers treatment and can then follow up with your PCP.
- You should also follow up with your PCP after you see the specialist.
Learn more about GPT through your member handbook.
If your provider doesn’t offer telehealth, or has limited hours, you may use RelyMD to speak to a board certified doctor 24/7. Use RelyMD for many common health problems, like:
- Congestion/sinus infection
- And More
Connecting with RelyMD is easy.
- Visit relymd.com/patients/
- Call 1-855-879-4332
- Access from the CareSource mobile app
- Referral and direct connection from CareSource24®
- Download the RelyMD app
What Can I Expect From A RelyMD Consultation?
- Most RelyMD visits last about 10 minutes. You can get medical advice, diagnosis and even prescription medication when needed.
- If a prescription is needed for your issue, you can pick up the medication at your regular network pharmacy or any network pharmacy that you choose.
- After four hours, a RelyMD nurse will call to make sure you were able to get your prescription and to see if you have any follow-up questions.
- Then after 72 hours, you will get another follow-up call to make sure you are feeling better and the medication or treatment is working. If you need more care, the nurse will help you follow up with either CareSource24 or your PCP.
Have your CareSource member ID number ready when you call. You will need to answer a few questions about the reason for your call. A doctor will contact you, usually within 15 minutes.
Note: RelyMD should not be used for trauma, chest pain, shortness of breath, or the prescribing of DEA (Drug Enforcement Agency) controlled substances. Children under age two cannot be treated through RelyMD.