PeachCare for Kids®
Low-cost health care for children less than 19 years old.
CareSource offers statewide coverage to PeachCare for Kids® members enrolled in the Georgia Families® program.
PeachCare for Kids® is Georgia’s Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) for uninsured children who do not qualify for Medicaid or any other health insurance program and meet certain criteria, including income limits.
Members get health benefits including:
- Primary care
- Preventative care
- Dental and vision care
- Emergency room services
- Prescription medications
- Mental health care
PLUS EXTRA BENEFITS
CareSource wants kids to be happy and healthy. That’s why we provide extra benefits for PeachCare for Kids® members, including:
- Extra vision and dental care: CareSource covers two cleanings and exams per year, and x-rays. Simple tooth removal is included. Members also get a yearly eye exam and $75 towards glasses or contacts.
- Primary care: Yearly sports checkup and well-child visits
- Kids Health and Fitness: Boys & Girls Club Memberships (for children ages 6-18 years) and Girl Scout Memberships (for children in grades K-8) at no cost to you.
- MyHealth Rewards Program: Members can earn up to $105 or more in gift cards each year for completing healthy activities. Rewards can be used at many popular retail and entertainment locations.
- Convenient Access to Care: Visit health clinics at retail stores in your neighborhood.
- MyIdealDoctor®: Talk to a doctor 24/7 by phone or web video. Can be used for short-term illnesses like allergies, ear infections and sore throats.
- Free over-the-counter (OTC) items with a prescription for allergy relief, vitamins, Tylenol® and more.
- Help4U: Care Managers who can help with housing, medical equipment, utilities and other basic needs.
- MyHealth: Online programs to help kids make healthy life choices like reducing childhood obesity.
- Disease Management Programs: Help with asthma, ADHD, autism, behavioral health and many more.
- We also provide extra benefits to families who have children enrolled in PeachCare for Kids®, including:
- Free Job Help: Parents get personal life coaching, help finding a job and rides to job training and interviews. Job coaches help with interview practice and resumes, and provide support after starting a new job. CareSource JobConnect also provides free GED testing and study help.
- Express Banking®: A bank account from Fifth Third Bank® with no monthly service charge, no balance requirement, no overdraft fees and a debit card for purchases.
- CareSource Mobile App: View your child’s member ID card, watch helpful videos and search for doctors.
- CareSource24®: Our 24/7/365 Nurse Advice Line.
Learn more about reward programs for getting and staying healthy: Babies First, Kids First and MyHealth rewards for adults.
PeachCare for Kids® is available for children under the age of 19 in families that meet the following criteria:
|Monthly Income Level||$2,446||$3,298||$4,150||$5,002|
|Annual Income Level||$29,352||$39,576||$49,800||$60,024|
To learn more about eligibility criteria visit the Georgia Department of Community Health (DCH) website.
To see if you are eligible for PeachCare for Kids®, visit the Georgia Gateway website. You can also apply in person at your local Department of Family and Children Services (DFCS) office.
PeachCare for Kids® members enrolled in the Georgia Families® program can choose CareSource as their health care plan.
To enroll in Georgia Families®, call 1-888-GA-ENROLL (1-888-423-6765). Tell them you want to choose CareSource as your health plan!
To learn more about the Georgia Families® program, visit the Georgia Families® website.
You may use this website to learn more about us. If you have questions, call us at 1-855-202-0729 (TTY: 1-800-255-0056 or 711). Our hours are 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday – Friday.