Become a Participating Provider
Ready to join our network? Here’s what comes next.
Start the Contracting Process
Fill out the New Health Partner Contract Form to get started.
We are excited that you want to join the CareSource network in Georgia. Select from the contracting options below.
Note – when contracting for both Medicaid and Marketplace, please add both plans to your submission.
Your Application Status
Once you submit your application, you will receive a confirmation email. Please save this email, as it will contain your Application ID.
You can check your application status on the Provider Portal. You will need to enter your NPI and Application ID to view your status.
For questions about credentialing, call CareSource at 1-855-202-1058 and follow the prompts to be directed to one of our Credentialing staff. You can leave a detailed message, and one of our staff will return your call within three business days. We can research the status of your application in the credentialing process or what documents might still be needed.
Georgia’s Department of Community Health (DCH), through its fiscal agent, has implemented a state Credentialing Verification Organization (CVO) which performs credentialing and recredentialing functions for providers enrolled or seeking to enroll in the Georgia Families® network.
CareSource® will include in our network only those providers who:
- Have been appropriately credentialed by the state CVO;
- Maintain a current license; and
- Have appropriate locations to provide covered services to our members.
To begin credentialing, submit an application and check application status, providers must enroll with Medicaid and/or Georgia Families® by submitting an application and supporting documentation to the state CVO online via the provider credentialing portal.
If you have any questions, you may email the state CVO or call them at 1-800-766-4456.
CareSource will not conduct its own credentialing processes and shall accept the state CVOs credentialing and recredentialing determinations. CareSource cannot appeal the state CVOs credentialing decision. CareSource cannot require providers to submit supplemental or additional information for purposes of conducting a second credentialing process.
CareSource will not pay for claims for dates of service prior to the credentialing approval date.
Upon a provider’s interest in contracting with CareSource, the process below is followed:
- CareSource will review the provider’s request and begin building the provider’s contract.
- CareSource will coordinate with the CVO to confirm the status of providers who request to enroll with us and to confirm their credentialing or recredentialing status.
- CareSource will refer new providers who are not Medicaid providers to the CVO’s website to complete the credentialing process.
- Upon receipt of notice that the CVO has completing the credentialing process, CareSource will electronically send the contract to the provider.
Learn how to work with CareSource.
Welcome to the CareSource network! Once you receive your Welcome Letter from CareSource with your CareSource ID number, you have completed the contracting and credentialing process.
As you prepare to see CareSource members, we encourage you to familiarize yourself with our plan, tools and resources.
Create a Provider Portal account.
If you are not registered with CareSource’s Provider Portal, please follow these easy steps:
- Visit the Provider Portal.
- Click on the “Register for an account” button and complete the three-step registration process. You will need your Tax ID number and your CareSource Provider Number, located in your welcome letter.
- Click the “Continue” button.
- Note the username and password you create so that you can access the portal’s many helpful tools.
Take the provider orientation training.
View the Provider Orientation to welcome you and help you work with CareSource.
Check out the Training & Events page for any upcoming live orientations.
Work with CareSource
Set up electronic payments.
CareSource has partnered with ECHO Health, Inc. to deliver provider payments. ECHO offers three payment options:
- Electronic fund transfer (EFT) – preferred
- Virtual Card Payment (QuicRemit) – Standard bank and card issuer fees apply*
- Paper Checks
*Payment processing fees are what you pay your bank and credit card processor for use of payment via credit card.
Questions? Call ECHO Customer Support at 1-888-834-3511.
Bookmark news from CareSource.
We strive to make partnering with us simple. We’re aware things may change in the way we do business with you and want to communicate these changes to you in an efficient manner.
Visit the Updates & Announcements page frequently to find all the latest CareSource news.
Share the good news!
We encourage you to let your patients know you accept CareSource by sharing on your social media platforms. Visit our Provider Social Media Kit (coming soon) to get started.
Explore training and resources.
We support our provider network with online resources and trainings on topics relevant to your practice. Check out the Training & Events page.
Need help? If you have additional general questions about getting contracted, please call CareSource’s Provider Services at 1-855-202-1058.
We are always looking for ways to improve our network. If you have any suggestions or would like to refer a provider to us, we want to hear from you. Share your ideas or referrals on the Access Opportunity Form.