ADHD Information Resources
We encourage you to explore these informational resources about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) to gain a better understanding of the condition, how it impacts members, and how you address ADHD.
ADHD Screening Assessments
We encourage you to download and implement the following screening tools in your practice and utilize with members when they present symptoms of ADHD. These tools can be used to aid in the initial evaluation process to proactively identify the presence of ADHD, including implementing the standard screening process into your practice. Using these tools can help make the decision to refer to a behavioral health provider or to ADHD treatment more efficient.
- Vanderbilt ADHD Diagnostic Rating Assessment Scale – a psychological assessment tool for parents and teachers of children aged 6 to12 designed to measure the severity of ADHD symptoms
- Connor 3 Rating Scale – a tool used to assess ADHD and comorbid disorders in children and adolescents with greater focus on ADHD and associated features
Below you will find helpful organizations, resources and webinars on ADHD, treatment and best practices.
- Children and Adults with Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (CHADD) Organization – online tools and resources educating about ADHD
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) ADHD Center – national evidence-based practice resources for addressing ADHD
- National Institute of Mental Health Organization – online tools and resources educating about ADHD