Enroll in Healthy Indiana Plan
Our Healthy Indiana Plan (HIP) is an affordable health-insurance program for qualified adults, 19-64. It pays for medical costs for members, vision and dental coverage.
Added Benefits from CareSource
- Vision and dental care, including checkups, teeth cleanings and eyeglasses.
- Low-cost prescription drugs, including all medically-necessary Medicaid-covered medications.
- CareSource24®: Our 24/7/365 Nurse Advice Line.
- Express Banking®: A bank account from Fifth Third Bank with no monthly service charge, no balance requirement, no overdraft fees and a debit card for purchases.
- CareSource Mobile App: Provides access to member ID card, “how-to” videos and a quick search for doctors.
- Extra Help Cards: Up to $50 in gift cards for completing healthy activities. Can be used for over-the-counter items like Tylenol, cough medicine and vitamins; household products including toilet paper and detergent; personal items like soap, shampoo and diapers; and healthy food.
- JobConnect: Job assistance including coaching and training (as well as rides to and from coaching and training sessions)
- Help4U: Case Managers who can assist with housing, medical equipment, utilities and other urgent basic needs.
- MyHealth: Online programs for childhood obesity management, smoking cessation and other healthy lifestyle changes.
- Disease Management programs for asthma, ADHD, autism, behavioral health, chronic kidney disease and many more.
- SafeLink Free Cell Phone Program (for eligible members) to contact CareSource24® and the Customer Care Advocacy Team.
- Text4baby: A free text message three times per week, timed to the due date or baby's birth date, through pregnancy and up until the baby's first birthday.
- Medication Therapy Management: One-on-one medication review and consultation with your pharmacist to ensure your medications are appropriate and safest for your healthcare needs.
- Boys & Girls Club Membership (for children aged 6-18 years).
- Girl Scout Membership (for children in grades K through 8).
How to Apply for the Healthy Indiana Plan
Individuals on the Healthy Indiana Plan have 45 days from their one-year anniversary date to choose a plan. This is your open enrollment period. You can also switch:
- Anytime during your first 90 days with a new health plan;
- Anytime you file a grievance with your health plan, and the state finds that you have a good reason to change health plans. Another name for good reason to change health plans is "just cause." This is when you have concerns over the quality of care being provided by your health plan. You must first contact your health plan so they can attempt to resolve your concern.