CareSource24® Nurse Advice Line provides around-the-clock access to a caring and experienced staff of registered nurses. They can help you decide where to get care. Members can call the CareSource24 toll-free number located on their ID cards 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Through MyResources, CareSource has created a COVID-19 Resource Guide with links to the latest updates from State and Public resources. MyResources is a community tool that helps connect individuals and families to local resources.
CDC Resources & Updates
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information
A Message from CareSource Executive Vice President
of Markets & Product, David Finkel
We are definitely living in extraordinary times. We recognize with information about the Coronavirus (COVID-19) evolving by the day… even the hour, many may be filled with uncertainty. At CareSource, one thing is certain: the health and well-being of our members, providers and employees is our top priority.
We must all be smart and take the necessary precautions to remain healthy, both physically and emotionally. While we cannot predict the scale and scope of what we will be dealing with in the coming months, we remain ready to serve you, our member. CareSource is covering COVID-19 testing for all members at no out of pocket costs. And, we encourage you to use the tools and resources available as part of your benefits and services.
Through several planned and thoughtful actions to prevent any service disruption, we are maintaining our business operations at a high performing capacity. We are confident in our CareSource teams’ ability to continue to deliver the level of service you deserve. Thank you for trusting us with your health care needs. You have our commitment to continue providing you Health Care with Heart.
EVP, Markets & Product
Steps CareSource is taking in response to COVID-19:
- CareSource has a team of experts closely monitoring the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and its impact both locally and around the world.
- We have contingency plans designed to prevent any service disruptions that include remote access capability, alternate work locations for employees and continuity plans for critical operations.
- For the safety of our members, providers and employees, we have stopped face-to-face visits and instead we are enhancing telephone and video conference interaction.
- We also have a number of initiatives that we are implementing with food banks, faith-based organizations, community partners, behavioral health and telehealth providers across our states.
New Benefits, and Existing Programs, and Services for Members:
We want our members to rest assured that their health coverage through CareSource continues to offer many existing programs and services in addition to new options due to COVID-19.
- Transportation for Convalescent Plasma Donation – CareSource is giving one free round trip to donate convalescent COVID-19 plasma for eligible members in Ohio Medicaid, MyCare, Medicare Advantage or MA-Dual Special Needs plans. Members must meet clinical criteria to donate. Call the Member Services number on the back of your CareSource Member ID card to get details. Or visit Donate COVID-19 Plasma for more information.
- COVID-19 testing is covered with no out-of-pocket costs for all members, regardless of their plan. Members will receive COVID-19 testing at approved locations.
- CareSource 24® Nurse Advice Line provides members with unlimited access to talk with a caring and experienced staff of registered nurses about symptoms or health questions.
- Telehealth options are encouraged as available from your primary provider or through MYidealDOCTOR™. CareSource partners with MYidealDOCTOR to offer members access 24/7 to doctors by phone, mobile app or computer to evaluate symptoms or risk of infection, and triage next steps. Contact your primary care provider to see if they offer telehealth visits.
- Care Management is available to support members at higher risk for developing more serious complications from COVID-19 illness.
- Early refills of your medications for all CareSource members is available for most drugs.
- 90-day supply of maintenance medications for CareSource members (where allowable).
- Home delivery for prescription drugs available to Medicare Advantage, MyCare, Marketplace members and with prior authorization for all Medicaid plans.
- MyResources interactive tool connects members with programs and services to access food, shelter, financial support and more. Log into your My CareSource® account.
If you are having trouble finding the information you are looking for on our website or have more questions, please call us. Our Member Services staff will be happy to answer your questions.