End or Change Membership
We hope you will be happy with CareSource. If you have problems or concerns about your benefits, please call us so we can try to resolve them with you.
As a member of Hoosier Healthwise, you have the right to choose to change your health plan at certain times of the year. You can choose to change it during the first three months of your health plan or during the annual enrollment month for your area.
As a HIP member, you can change your health plan any time before making your first POWER Account Contribution or within 60 days of assignment, whichever comes first. HIP now matches your managed care plan choice to the calendar year. You will pick your managed care plan once per year and stick with that plan all year, January through December. This is your Benefit Year. Even if you leave the program and return during the year, you will stay with the same plan. Here’s how it works:
- Each fall, November 1-December 15, you also will have the chance to change your health plan for the next Benefit Year. You can do this by calling 1-877-GET-HIP9 (1-877-438-4479) and letting them know you want to pick a new plan for the next year. If you like CareSource, do nothing! You will stay enrolled with us for next year.
- This process does not change your eligibility period for the program. You still have to go through your redetermination process each 12 months. This will occur based on what month you entered the program. You will get a reminder that it is time for your eligibility redetermination. If you do not respond as directed, you could lose coverage.
- Benefit Year: January – December. Your benefit limits and POWER Account reset each January.
- Eligibility Period: 12 months that starts when you are approved for coverage. This can be different for each person.
Exceptions are made for members who miss the health plan selection period due to one of these reasons:
- A move from another program to HIP,
- Redetermination timing, or
- Not being fully eligible during the choice period.
HIP members must stay with their plan for 12 months, even if they have a gap in coverage.
To change your health plan, call 1-877-GET-HIP9 (438-4479). For more information, see the Membership Termination chapter of your Member Handbook.
Member Services: 1-844-607-2829 (TTY: 1-800-743-3333), 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., Monday – Friday