CARESOURCE LIFE SERVICES®: FOODCONNECT
Helping members locate and access food is a priority for CareSource. We care about you and know that there is more to health and well-being than just great healthcare. That’s why our benefits and services go beyond basic care.
Please see below to find what benefits and resources are available to you:
- Food Transportation Benefit – Did you know you can get free rides? Rides can be to food banks, food pantries or used to pick-up online grocery store orders. Click here for the NEMT Flier for more information about this benefit or call Member Services at 1-844-607-2829.
- MyResources – Interactive tool to help you connect to local resources. Click here or access through your My CareSource account for help finding reduced or no-cost food resources.
- CareSource Life Services Program – We are here to support you as you work toward your future. CareSource Life Services offers one-on-one coaching and supports you by connecting you to services and resources such as access to food, housing, jobs, training, childcare, and other resources. You can find more information about the CareSource Life Services program here or complete the Life Services Interest form.
- Other Food Resources: Food Pantries, Farmers’ Markets
- Visit: https://www.in.gov/fssa/dfr/food-assistance-availability-map
- Call Indiana 211 by dialing 2-1-1 or 1-866-211-9966.
- Visit https://www.indianagrown.org/farmers-market/
- Visit Fresh Bucks at https://freshbucksindy.org/ if in the Indianapolis area
Federally Funded Nutrition Programs
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) Benefits – SNAP can help you and your family buy healthy food and support your budget! Amazon, Walmart, and ALDI let you order food online with your SNAP EBT card and have it delivered (fees may apply) or you can use the CareSource food transportation benefit to pick up your order.
- Applying for SNAP is easy! You can apply for SNAP benefits online through the FSSA Benefits Portal, https://fssabenefits.in.gov/bp/#/. You can also apply by calling DFR at 1-800-403-0864. Although CareSource doesn’t determine eligibility, we can help you get connected. Call Member Services at 1-844-607-2829 for more information.
- To learn more about SNAP food assistance, visit in.gov/fssa/dfr/snap-food-assistance.
* Some farmers’ markets accept SNAP/EBT.
- Indiana Women, Infants, and Children Program – WIC (Women, Infants, and Children) is a nutrition program that helps pregnant women, new mothers, infants, and children eat well and stay healthy. A person who participates or has family members participate in certain other benefit programs, such as SNAP, Medicaid, or TANF, automatically meets the income eligibility requirement.
- For more information, visit https://www.in.gov/health/wic/how-do-i-apply-for-wic/.
- CareSource Eating Healthy – Trying to figure out what is healthy to eat can be confusing – well very confusing. We have pulled together some tools and resources to help you sort it all out. Click here for information.
- Eating During Pregnancy – By making nutrition a priority during pregnancy, you can help give your baby a healthy start in life. Click here for some tips to get you started. Click here for information.
- Nutrition.gov – “Nutrition.gov is a USDA-sponsored website that offers credible information to help you make healthful eating choices.It serves as a gateway to reliable information on nutrition, healthy eating, physical activity, and food safety for consumers.” For more information: visit Nutrition.gov | USDA/