Benefits and Services
CareSource covers all medically necessary covered services.
For a complete list of these services, refer to your member handbook. If you have further questions, contact Member Services at the number below.
Services Not Covered
CareSource will not pay for the following services that are not covered by Hoosier Healthwise or HIP:
- Abortions except in the case of a reported rape, incest or when medically necessary to save the life of the mother
- All services or supplies that are not medically necessary
- Experimental services and procedures
- Infertility treatment for males or females, including reversal of voluntary sterilizations
- Services/care you receive in another country
- Alternative medicine
- Plastic or cosmetic surgery that is not medically necessary
- Voluntary sterilization if under 21 years of age or legally incapable of consenting to the procedure
This is not a complete list of the services that are not covered by Hoosier Healthwise, HIP or CareSource.
If you have a question about whether a service is covered, please refer to your member handbook or call Member Services at the number below.
You can also view more specific information about Hoosier Healthwise and HIP benefits and services.
Member Services: 1-844-607-2829 (TTY: 1-800-743-3333), 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., Monday – Friday Eastern Time