As a CareSource member, you get extra services at no cost to you.
Health and Wellness
Good oral health is a key part of your total health. See your dental provider twice each year. Routine dental exams can help find and fix any problems before they get worse. CareSource covers exams, cleanings, and fillings for children at no cost to you.
KidsHealth is a trusted source of health information for the whole family. KidsHealth gives you:
- Easy-to-read articles
- Interactive health tools
- Advice from doctors on many health topics
Take charge of your mental health and try our wellness tool called myStrength. It offers personalized support to help improve your mood, mind, body and spirit.
Rewards for Wellness
Make Life More Rewarding
CareSource rewards its members for taking a proactive role in their health and well-being. We have developed lifestyle rewards programs to encourage you and your entire family to participate in various annual wellness visits and preventive care programs.
Health Needs Screening
Members can earn a $30 gift card for taking the Health Needs Screening each year. It is quick and easy. It helps find ways to stay healthy. You can take it:
- Online through My CareSource®
- At a health kiosk in the pharmacy at your local Walmart
- By calling 1-833-230-2011 (TTY: 1-800-743-3333 or 711)
- By mail
Getting the proper care when you are pregnant or a new mom is rewarding. You and your baby can earn $240 in rewards through the Babies First program. You can redeem these rewards for gift cards to use at many local stores. We want to make sure you have what you need for each new baby. Please join each time you are pregnant. Learn more about the Babies First program.
Your child ages 16 months through 17 years can earn rewards through the Kids First program. You can use your rewards card at many stores to buy healthy items for you and your family. Rewards are based on each child’s age, health and wellness needs. Learn more about the Kids First program.
Through MyHealth, adults 18 and older can earn rewards for competing wellness activities and preventive screenings. Learn more about the MyHealth Rewards program.
At CareSource we know that some high-risk infants need weight monitoring for the first few weeks or months. This can be vital for their continued health. Checking your baby’s weight is one of the easiest ways to make sure your baby is growing at a proper pace. It can also help show if there are potential health issues. CareSource is pleased to offer home infant scales as an enhanced benefit.
Easy access to a scale at home gives you many benefits such as:
- Routine weight check-ins for your baby without leaving your home
- Prevention of potential exposure to COVID-19, flu and respiratory syncytial virus (RSV)
- Early identification and monitoring of your baby’s growth and development
- Enhanced opportunity to get feedback during a telehealth visit
- Avoid emergency room visits that aren’t needed
You must ask for the home infant scale or it must be ordered by your provider. Call Member Services at 1-844-607-2829 (TTY: 1-800-743-3333 or 711) to learn more.
CareSource Life Services®
Good health requires more than just quality healthcare. It is also important to have:
- A good job
- Community support
- Access to education or training.
CareSource Life Services is here for you. We can help remove things that stand in the way of reaching your goals. We can help pave the way from where you are to where you want to be. You can be part of CareSource Life Services if you are a CareSource member or parent or guardian of a CareSource member and at least 14 years old.
We can link you to services and support for:
- Access to food
- Budgeting and finance assistance
- Legal assistance
- Employment opportunities (CareSource JobConnect™)
CareSource JobConnect helps you:
- Get new skills
- Connect with local services
- Find a job
You’ll be paired with a Life Coach who can help set you up for success. Life Coaches provide one-on-one coaching for up to 24 months. CareSource JobConnect partner with employers to help you in your job search. This is all provided at no cost to you. Please fill out our online form at https://secureforms.caresource.com/en/LSRInfo/IN to learn more. You can also call us at 1-844-607-2832 or email LifeServicesIndiana@CareSource.com.
Learn more about CareSource Life Services.
CareSource Re-Entry Program™
Transitioning home after being incarcerated can be a challenge for most people. Returning citizens often lack the resources they need to get back on their feet. It can be hard to find safe housing, food and health care. They may also be dealing with mental health issues or struggle with substance use.
Nearly one in three people will return to prison within three years of their release without proper support. CareSource works with the Indiana Department of Correction to help returning citizens transition back into daily life. The goal is to give them the tools they need for self-sufficiency as they return to their communities.
CareSource has Community Justice Liaisons (CJLs) to help returning citizens in this process. CJLs go over their medical and mental health needs, how to find area resources, and help them set future goals. They can also answer questions like:
- How can I get help to go back to school or get a job?
- How can I get counseling?
- How can I find out about health care?
- How can I find out about local support?
Our CJLs make sure that all returning citizens have Indiana Medicaid when they are released. Returning citizens can also get help finding a job or going back to school by working with a Life Coach through CareSource Life Services.
Learn more about the CareSource Re-entry Program by calling 317-982-6495 or emailing IndianaRe-entry@CareSource.com.
CareSource will cover the cost of expungement up to $500 for eligible returning citizens. These returning citizens must:
- Not have pending charges in any state
- Pay all fines, fees, court costs and restitution (CareSource will help cover these costs with this fund)
- Wait the required time since the offense or conviction
- Be part of the CareSource Re-entry Program or CareSource JobConnect through CareSource Life Services
- Get a letter of approval from the prosecutor’s office
CareSource Driver’s License Reinstatement Benefit
CareSource knows that good health is more than just good health care. Being able to drive can help you get services that can affect your health and well-being. CareSource may be able to help you get back your independence through our driver’s license reinstatement benefit if you have a suspended driver’s license.
Here are some ways we can help you get driving again:
- Education on how to get your driver’s license reinstated
- Financial support up to $500 for filing or court fees linked to driver’s license reinstatement (one-time support)
- Referrals to legal help
- Support from the CareSource team
Members who have had a driver’s license suspension and are working with one of the programs below may be eligible for this benefit. Some exclusions apply based on your past driving record:
- CareSource Re-entry Program
- Care Management
- CareSource Life Services®
- CareSource JobConnect™
Call Member Services at 1-844-607-2829 (TTY: 1-800-743-3333 or 711) to find out more or visit our website at www.caresource.com. Re-entry members can also contact the Community Justice Liaison at Indianare-entry@CareSource.com.
Easy Access to Care
Sometimes you need medical care, but you cannot see your Primary Medical Provider (PMP). CareSource makes it easy to get care for common health needs. Learn more about Where to Get Care.
CareSource24® Nurse Advice Line
Call CareSource24 Nurse Advice Line to speak with a registered nurse 24/7/365. The number is on your member ID card.
Convenience Care Clinics and Urgent Care Centers
Need care quick or after hours? CareSource’s network includes urgent care centers. It also includes retail health clinics inside drugstores and grocery stores. These clinics often have evening and weekend hours and allow walk-ins. You can find these network providers through the Find a Doctor provider search tool.
Telehealth is a convenient choice for care. You do not have to go into doctors’ offices. See and talk to your PMP or health care provider over your phone or computer. There is no cost to you. Telehealth removes the stress of needing transportation.
Members in all of our HIP and HHW Package A programs have ride benefits, including an option for mileage reimbursement. All HIP and HHW Package A members can access an unlimited number of non-emergency rides for covered health care visits throughout the year, without the need for prior authorizations. Additionally, HIP and HHW Package A members have access to non-emergency transportation with respect to the following:
- Unlimited rides to the pharmacy after your visit with the doctor and five additional trips to the pharmacy per month when you have not just visited with your doctor
- Unlimited rides to the local Women, Infants and Children (WIC) office
- Unlimited rides to service redetermination appointments with the State
- Unlimited rides to CareSource events
- Rides to pick up food from the food pantry or curb-side food pick up from a grocery store (5 round trips/month)
Please call 1-844-607-2829 (TTY: 1-800-743-3333 or 711) for a ride. At least two business days before your visit. You can also call us if you have a ride concern or issue. Please call 911 or go directly to the nearest ER if you have an emergency.
Please look carefully at the list below to understand your responsibilities. These rules will help make rides safer and quicker.
Rides should be easy and enjoyable. Your driver is trained to treat you with respect and to think of your needs. Please treat the driver in the way you wish to be treated. Please follow these steps:
You need to be ready for your pickup. You should be there at the beginning of your pickup time. The transportation company can only wait 10 minutes before you will be marked as a no show. If you cannot keep your appointment, you must call the transportation company as soon as possible. The transportation company reserves the right to take away your ride benefits. This can be for six months after three no shows within three months.
What is a No Show?
- A member is not at the pick-up location
- A member cannot be seen at the pick-up location
- A member is not on-time at the pick-up location
The driver will wait 10 minutes, then will leave. If you have any questions, please call Member Services.
Care and Disease Management Programs
CareSource has nurses, social workers, and community health workers. They can help you coordinate your health and non-health care needs.
Care management helps you learn about your health. It shows you how to manage your specific health conditions better.
Learn more about care management.
Over-the-Counter (OTC) Items
Get over-the-counter items for allergy relief, vitamins, Tylenol and more – free with a prescription.
CareSource covers many common OTC medications with a written prescription. View a list of covered drugs and products on the Covered OTC List. You can also call Member Services.
Your financial health impacts your well-being. Express Banking is a bank account from Fifth Third Bank with:
- No monthly service charge
- No minimum balance
- No overdraft fees
- A debit card for purchases
Visit 53.com/CareSource to learn more.
My CareSource® Member Portal
My CareSource is a secure account where you can:
- Choose or change your PMP
- Request a new ID card
- Complete your Health Needs Screening
- Access MyHealth tools and resources
- Set communication preferences
- And more
My CareSource accounts can be linked to manage health care for families.
CareSource Mobile App
Manage your CareSource plan on the go with the CareSource mobile app. The app lets you access your secure My CareSource account from your mobile device. You can also:
- View a digital ID card
- View claims
- Find a doctor, hospital or urgent care
Right Choices Program (RCP)
CareSource will review the medical and pharmacy services you get as part of your care. After our review, you may be enrolled in the Right Choices Program (RCP). The goal of the RCP is to:
- Provide quality care through care management and coordination
- Make sure that you get the right service, at the right time, and in the right place.
- Your enrollment in the RCP may last up to two years. You may be assigned to get services from:
- A single pharmacy
- A single Primary Medical Provider
- A single emergency department provider
- A combination of these providers
You will work with a Case Manager to make sure the care you receive best meets your needs in this program.
Member Services: 1-844-607-2829 (TTY: 1-800-743-3333 or 711) 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Friday Eastern Time.