Preventive services include:
- “Welcome to Medicare” preventive visit (one-time)
- Abdominal aortic aneurysm screening
- Alcohol misuse counseling
- Bone mass measurement
- Breast cancer screening (mammogram)
- Cardiovascular disease (behavioral therapy)
- Cardiovascular screenings,
- Cervical and vaginal cancer screening,
- Colorectal cancer screenings (colonoscopy, fecal occult blood test, flexible sigmoidoscopy)
- Depression screening
- Diabetes screenings
- HIV screening
- Medical nutrition therapy services
- Medicare Diabetes Prevention Program (for qualified members)
- Obesity screening and counseling
- Prostate cancer screenings (PSA)
- Sexually transmitted infections screening and counseling
- Tobacco use cessation counseling (counseling for people with no sign of tobacco-related disease)
- Vaccines, including flu shots, hepatitis B shots, pneumococcal shots
- Yearly “Wellness” visit
Any additional preventive services approved by Medicare during the contract year will be covered.
You must use the in-network providers except in emergency or urgent care situations. If you obtain routine care from out-of-network-providers, neither Medicare nor CareSource will be responsible for the costs, unless specifically authorized by CareSource. You must use in-network pharmacies to access the prescription drug benefit, except under non-routine circumstances when you cannot reasonably use an in-network pharmacy.
CareSource is an HMO with a Medicare contract. Enrollment in CareSource Advantage® Zero Premium (HMO), CareSource Advantage® (HMO) and CareSource Advantage Plus® (HMO) depends on contract renewal. This information is not a complete description of benefits. Contact the plan for more information. Limitations, copayments, and restrictions may apply. Benefits may change on January 1 of each year.