As part of our commitment to both health partners and members, we want to provide resources that support your professional practice and encourage best practices in opioid use and pain management. Evidence-based medicine does not support long-term opioid treatment for chronic pain.
CareSource offers the following resources as reference when treating patients with long-term high-dose opiate use.
- Agency Medical Directors’ Group (AMDG) Opioid Guideline 2015
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC) Guideline for Prescribing Opioids for Chronic Pain 2016
- CDC Checklist for Prescribing Opioids for Chronic Pain
- CDC Prescription Drug Monitoring
- CDC Calculating Total Daily Dose
- Fact Sheet – CDC Guidelines for Prescribing Opioids for Chronic Pain
- Indiana Opioid Management Policy
- Opiates: Transforming Prescribing Protocols Ohio State University (OSU) 2014
- Utah Pain Opioid Guidelines 2009