We want to make it as easy as possible to conduct business with us. In addition to information about how to submit claims and check payments, CareSource offers you tools to find specific information, such as claim status and member coordination of benefits (COB) status.
CareSource accepts claims in a variety of formats, including online and paper claims.
Submit Claims Online
Providers have the option to submit claims through our secure, online Provider Portal. You can submit claims, track claim payments, upload documentation, and more. CareSource offers this service at no cost.
We encourage you to submit claims online to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Faster claim processing
- Reduced administrative costs
- Reduced probability of errors or missing information
- Faster feedback on claims status
- Minimal staff training or cost
Refer to the provider manual for detailed information to submit claims.
CareSource also partners with Availity to offer electronic claim submission and real-time transactions at no charge through the Availity Portal. You can use the Availity Portal Registration Guide to get signed up.
Get Paid Electronically
CareSource has partnered with ECHO Health, Inc. to deliver provider payments. ECHO offers three payment options:
- Electronic fund transfer (EFT) – preferred
- Virtual Card Payment (QuicRemit) – Standard bank and card issuer fees apply*
- Paper Checks
*Payment processing fees are what you pay your bank and credit card processor for use of payment via credit card.
Questions? Call ECHO Customer Support at 1-888-834-3511.
For the most efficient processing of your claims, CareSource recommends you submit all claims electronically. Paper claim forms are encouraged only for services that require clinical documentation or other forms to process. Refer to the provider manual for instructions to submit paper claims.
Emergency Room Claims
The following services will be considered emergency room (ER) autopay and processed without a copayment:
- ER services received after the member calls the 24-hour nurse line and is referred to the ER
- ER services received based on a referral from the member’s primary medical provider (PMP)
- Claims received from a provider who has determined the episode of care as emergent and billed it as such according to the Condition Related to Accident or Emergency UB04 indicators
Providers who are not in the CareSource network must complete the Nonparticipating Provider Profile Form in order to submit claims. After we receive your profile, you will receive credentials to log in to the Provider Portal, where you can submit claims electronically.
Claim Overpayment Recovery Requests and Resources
Overpayment Recovery Form – Submit this form to offset overpaid claims against a future payment.
High Dollar Claims
Providers are required to submit this cover sheet and itemized statement for high dollar claims.