Quick Reference Materials
CareSource® wants to equip you to work with our health plan to provide the best service for our members. The following materials will help familiarize you with the CareSource Hoosier Healthwise (HHW) and Healthy Indiana Plan (HIP). You will find key information that will make it easier for you to do business with us and assist you in serving our members.
Quick Reference Guides
Below you will find quick reference guides and additional resources:
Improving Quality Scores
The following resources will help improve your patients’ satisfaction and your quality scores:
- CAHPS Improvement Tips
- Pediatric CAHPS Tips
- Adult HEDIS Coding Guidelines
- Pediatric HEDIS Coding Guidelines
- Behavioral Health HEDIS Coding Guidelines
Clinical Practice Guidelines
CareSource adopts nationally recognized clinical practice and preventive health guidelines from federal agencies and medical professional specialty organizations. Access the links below and visit our Health Care Links page for more clinical practice and preventive health guidelines:
- ADHD Clinical Practice Guidelines
- Asthma Clinical Practice Guidelines
- Depression Clinical Practice Guidelines
- Diabetes Clinical Practice Guidelines
- Hypertension Clinical Practice Guidelines
- Maternal Programs and Prenatal/Postpartum Guidelines
CareSource wants to help members maintain a healthy lifestyle. This includes not using tobacco products. CareSource refers members to the Indiana Tobacco Quitline for assistance. We also offer incentives for members who take the steps towards tobacco cessation.
Below are links to tobacco cessation resources and training webinars:
- Indiana Tobacco Quitline – Visit the State of Indiana’s Tobacco Quitline to learn more about services available to your patients and how you can become a Preferred Provider with direct referral privileges, referral kits, and much more.
- CDC Smoking Cessation Materials – Access CDC resources to help your patients quit smoking. CDC.gov is an online source for credible health information and is the official Web site of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- GOV Resources for Health Professionals – View evidence-based smoking cessation tools and content from Smokefree.gov. Smokefree.GOV provides free, accurate, evidence-based information and professional assistance to help support the immediate and long-term needs of people trying to quit smoking.
For more information about Hoosier Healthwise and the Healthy Indiana Plan, visit the following links:
- Family and Social Services Administration (FSSA) – Learn more about Indiana’s programs to provide health care and services to Hoosiers.
- Office of Medicaid Policy & Planning (OMPP) – Access state resources for administering care to Medicaid members.
- HP Enterprise Services – Access information about Indiana’s fiscal agent.