We are Health Care with Heart®
Giving back to our communities is at the heart of our mission at CareSource, and our employees share in that effort by contributing time and talent. Whether distributing food at food pantries or lending their skills on community boards, employee volunteering is an important component in solving our communities’ toughest issues.
Corporate Volunteer Events
Every year, CareSource coordinates company-wide, corporate-sponsored volunteer events that deploy hundreds of volunteers in communities where they live and work.
Covered in Kindness Food & Wellness Events
The Foodbank $25,000
Montgomery, Greene and Preble Counties, Ohio
CareSource, The Foodbank, the Montgomery, Greene and Preble County Public Health Departments, and Premier Health partnered on three large Covered in Kindness Food & Wellness events to host walk- and drive-through mass food distribution and offer on-site wellness services. These events were free, open to the public and held regardless of weather conditions. On-site wellness services included:
- COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic
- Biometric Screenings
- A1C and HIV Testing
- Information on Public Health WIC Program
The events resulted in more than 300 CareSource volunteers distributing roughly 207,000 lbs. of food to more than 1,200 households and 3,600 individuals.
Volunteer Matching Gifts
CareSource provides paid time off for employees to volunteer, and the CareSource Foundation supports active volunteerism, rewarding employees for their enthusiastic efforts. To that effect, the Foundation honors employees’ commitment to organizations through Volunteer Matching Gifts.
- Individual Volunteers: Employees who regularly volunteer their time to a nonprofit organization they’re passionate about earn a Foundation contribution to the nonprofit of their choice.
- Group Volunteer Events: Employees who organize team volunteer events with nonprofit organizations they care about can earn a Foundation gift for that organization to honor their contribution.
- Employee Participation: Employees are encouraged to put together teams of their colleagues to participate in a qualifying walk, run or similar fundraising event. The Foundation will provide a gift per entrant.
If you’d like to request a CareSource leader to serve on your nonprofit Board of Trustees or Directors, please email a short description of the role to email@example.com.
Every year, CareSource employees give generously to a variety of nonprofit organizations through workplace giving campaigns.
- United Way. Since 1995, CareSource and our employees have contributed to the annual United Way campaign, pledging more than $5 million.These funds have helped United Way and its partner agencies provide the social safety net for individuals and families in our communities when they need help the most. CareSource partners with United Way of the Greater Dayton Area to facilitate contributions to multiple United Ways across the 47 states where our employees live and work.
- Campaign for the Arts. Since 2007, the CareSource Foundation has provided a corporate gift to Culture Works to support Dayton’s vibrant arts and culture community. In 2021, employees in all markets were given the opportunity to support arts and culture in communities where they live and work. Through strong partnerships with community organizations, Culture Works and its sister United Arts Funds serve as advocates, organizers, influencers and funders to help the arts thrive. CareSource partners with Culture Works to facilitate contributions to other arts funds across CareSource’s markets.