Health Assessment & Screening
CareSource asks all members to complete an annual Health Needs Assessment (HNA). Through a few questions about the your health and well-being, CareSource can help identify possible health issues, housing, education and employment concerns. We may be able to provide resources to help address these concerns.
If you complete your assessment within your first 30-days of enrollment with CareSource, $50 will be added to your My CareSource Rewards® gift card. See My CareSource Rewards for program information.
Members can take the HNA in one of these ways:
- Online: Login into your secure My.caresource.com member portal account. Click on the Health tab.
- On paper: Members get an HNA in their new member kit. They can fill this out and return it in the postage paid reply envelope. Call Member Services to receive another copy.
- CareSource Care Manager: Members can complete the HNA with their Care Manager, who will reach out to the member within the first 90 days.
Members who are 18 and older receive a personalized health guide in their private My Health account. This shows how you can get healthy and lower your risk for health problems through:
- Nutrition and exercise
- Preventive health
- Emotional health
- Safety behaviors
- Tobacco, drug and alcohol use
- Blood pressure, cholesterol and body mass index (BMI)
You won’t have to wonder where to begin or what to do next — it’s there in your guide. Come back to the tool often to track your progress.