Quick Start Guide
We are excited to welcome you as a CareSource member and introduce some of the programs and tools that make CareSource more than just health insurance. We are Health Care with HeartTM.
You will receive an acknowledgement/confirmation letter and your Summary of Benefits and Coverage in the mail within seven days of your enrollment date. Now let’s get started.
Open the digital 2023 Quick Start Guide here.
Watch for your member materials
After you pay your first premium, we will send you a new member kit and member ID card in separate mailings. Some useful materials will be included that can help you make the most of your health benefits. Please read them and be sure to take your ID card with you every time you go to the doctor.
All CareSource Marketplace members have access to:
- No-cost, 24-hour registered nurses through our CareSource24® Nurse Advice Line.
- No-cost, 24-hour telehealth care providers through Teladoc®.
- No-cost telehealth mental health and substance use disorder counseling through Teladoc, 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. Eastern Time, 7 days a week.
- Online health and wellness tools.
- MyHealth: Take a Health Needs Assessment, set up Health Journeys, and learn about healthy living.
- myStrength: For your emotional health. Learn about stress reduction, meditation, and other tools for mental health.
- MyResources: Find community resources for help with housing, food, and other needs.
- Online cost estimator tool.
- Newsletters, educational materials and videos.
- Disease-specific education through care management program.
- Care management program.
- Assistance when transitioning from hospital or facility to home, when needed.
- Rewards for completing healthy activities.
Set up your MyCareSource® personal online account.
Visit MyCareSource.com and click Sign Up to get started.
You can use My CareSource to:
- Pay your invoice, view past payments, or set up automatic payments
- Take a Health Assessment and get a customized wellness plan
- Tell us your preferences for email and text
- View your claims
- View past documents such as EOBs, invoices, and more
- Use Find My Prescriptions to get an accurate cost for a drug, based on your plan
- Access helpful online tools, such as myStrength, for your emotional well-being; and MyResources, for support from community resources for food, shelter and more.
Download the FREE CareSource mobile app and get:
- Access your digital ID card
- Access your My CareSource account
- Pay your premium
- One touch access to CareSource24, our 24/7 Nurse Advice Line
- One touch access to Member Services
- One touch access to Teladoc telehealth
- Pharmacy refill reminder alerts
- Helpful videos and educational tools
- And more!
Go to the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store to download the CareSource Mobile App.
Your member ID card
Your member ID card is the key to using your benefits. Keep it with you and show it to your health care providers when asked. A digital copy of your member ID card is available on the CareSource mobile app shortly after your first payment is received and posted.
If you lose your member ID card, you can request a new printed ID card on the My CareSource® member portal, or by calling Member Services. You will get your ID card 7-10 days after we receive your first premium payment.
Common copay and coinsurance amounts are shown on your ID card. The bottom of the card shows the annual deductible for your plan. Review your plan materials when they arrive. Your plan materials will contain your Schedule of Benefits and Evidence of Coverage (your contract with CareSource).
The back of your ID card contains important phone numbers including our dental and vision benefit partners.
Use your benefits
Find and use an in-network Primary Care Provider (PCP)
Use our Find A Doctor tool.
You can select a doctor from our network by visiting CareSource.com/marketplace. Select Find A Doctor from the tool bar in the upper right corner of the web page. Click Get Started, share your location or enter your address and click continue. Then choose your plan and click continue. Use the filters to refine your list and click continue and the list of providers will appear.
Get Involved with our Care Management Programs.
CareSource offers many programs to help you get or stay healthy, from Diabetes Management to Healthy Living Tips. Go to CareSource.com/Marketplace for more details. Look for Care & Disease Management on the Benefits and Services page under Plans.
Easy ways to get care
CareSource24 Nurse Advice Line. The CareSource24 phone number is on your ID Card. Call any time and speak to a Registered Nurse about your health-related questions. They can also assist you in deciding the best place to go to get care.
You have more access to care through convenience care clinics such as the Minute Clinic® inside CVS Pharmacies. These clinics are normally open evenings and weekends to make it easier for you to get care.
Telehealth 24/7/365 with Teladoc. Call 1-800-TELADOC (835-2362), visit www.Teladoc.com/CareSource, or download the Teladoc app from Google Play® or the App Store from Apple®.
Talk to a therapist or prescriber seven days a week, 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. Eastern Time.
- Substance use
- Relationship issues
- And more
*Age restrictions apply
Talk to a provider 24/7. Use for non-emergency health care needs like:
- Cold and flu
- Sore throat
- Pink eye
- Ear infections
- Urinary tract infections
- Skin conditions
- And more
Learn how to improve your health
- Take a Health Assessment through MyHealth in your My CareSource account.
- Get a FREE personalized Healthy Lifestyle Plan. This easy-to-read guide gives you tips and tools to improve your health and wellbeing.
- Watch helpful videos through the CareSource mobile app or on CareSource.com
- Read helpful articles on our Education web pages or link to other health related websites.
- Use your My CareSource account to access helpful online tools, such as myStrength, for your emotional well-being; and MyResources, for those times in life when you may need help and support from other community resources, for things like food, shelter and more.
Pay Your Premium to Start Your Coverage
If you paid your first premium online when you enrolled, thank you! If you didn’t pay your premium when you enrolled, or you made a partial payment, you will receive an invoice in the mail.
Your invoice will show premium amount due. Be sure to pay the full amount by the due date in order to activate your benefits.
“What is a premium?”
A premium is the amount of money you pay each month to have health insurance coverage. You need to pay your premium in full each month by the due date listed on the invoice to keep your benefits active.
Each month, you will receive an invoice for your premium in your My CareSource account and by mail, unless you choose to get an email or text notice instead of mail.
“How can I pay my premium?”
- Use the Express Payment option at CareSource.com/MPpay. It’s easy. All you need is your name, member ID number, and date of birth.
- Credit card, debit card and bank transfers accepted.Visit: MyCareSource.com and click Pay Bill.
- Credit card, debit card and bank transfers accepted.
- Choose to Make a Payment (for a one-time payment) or Manage Automatic Payments to set up a monthly recurring payment.
- Complete the form for payment.
- Credit card, debit card and bank transfers accepted.
- Your online payment will take 3-5 business days to be received and posted to your account.
CareSource is now accepting GooglePay® and ApplePay®.
P.O. Box 12845
Covington, KY 41012-0845
- Include your invoice payment slip with your check or money order payable to CareSource and write your Member ID number in the memo line.
- Your payment can take 7-10 days to be received and posted to your account.
- 1-833-230-2099 (TTY: 711). Then tell our automated attendant that you want to make a payment.
- Phone payments can take 3-5 business days to be posted to your account.
- You can confirm that your premium payment was received, view past payments and see previous invoices using your My CareSource account.
You have a ‘Free Look’ period
Take a look at your new member materials when they arrive. Browse through our website. You can even set up your personal account at mycaresource.com. You have 10 days to decide if you like what we have to offer. If you decide to cancel, we will give you a full refund.
Questions? Call Us.
Member Services: 1-833-230-2099 (TTY: 711), Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., Eastern Time.