Quick Start Guide
Welcome! Thank you for choosing CareSource!
You will receive an acknowledgement/confirmation letter and your Summary of Benefits and Coverage in the mail within seven days of your enrollment date. Now let’s get started.
Watch for your member materials
After you pay your first premium, we will send you a new member kit and member ID card in separate mailings. Some useful materials will be included that can help you make the most of your health benefits. Please read them and be sure to take your ID card with you every time you go to the doctor.
Set up your MyCareSource® personal online account.
- Visit my.caresource.com and click Sign Up to get started
- Print a copy of your ID card after your first premium payment is received
- Pay your invoice, view past payments, or set up automatic monthly payments
- Find a doctor, specialist, clinic or hospital
- Take a Health Assessment and get a custom wellness plan
- Tell us your preferences for email and text
Download the FREE CareSource mobile app to your phone and get:
- View your digital ID card
- Access your My CareSource account
- Touch to call CareSource24®, our 24/7 Nurse Advice Line
- Touch to call to Member Services
- Touch to call to Teladoc® telehealth services
- Watch helpful videos and use educational tools
- And more!
Pay your premium to start your coverage
“What is a premium?”
A premium is the amount of money you pay each month to have health insurance coverage. You need to pay your premium in full each month by the due date listed on the invoice to keep your benefits active.
Each month, you will receive an invoice for your premium in your My CareSource account and by mail, unless you choose to get an email or text notice instead of mail.
Pay your first premium to activate your membership
Before you can officially become a member and access your benefits, you’ll need to make your initial premium payment. It is due by the date shown on your first invoice.
- If you paid your first premium online when you enrolled, your invoice will show the amount paid, and any adjustments or other amounts that may be due.
- If you did not pay your first premium when you enrolled, or made a partial payment, you will receive an invoice in the mail. Make sure you pay the full premium amount due by the date listed on the invoice so that you can take full advantage of your benefits!
How to pay your premium
- Use the Express Payment option at caresource.com/MPpay. It’s easy. All you need to enter is your name, member ID number, and date of birth to go directly to the payment screen.
- Login to your mycaresource.com account and click Pay Bill.
- Credit card, debit card and bank transfers are accepted.
- Choose to Make a Payment (for a one-time payment) or Manage Automatic Payments to set up a monthly recurring payment.
- Complete the form for payment.
Include the remit slip at the bottom of your invoice with your check or money order payable to CareSource. Be sure to write your Member ID number (found on your invoice or ID card) on the memo line of the check.
P.O. Box 12845
Covington, KY 41012-0845
Our automated bill pay system can take your payment 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Call 1-888-815-6446.
After you’ve paid your first premium, we will mail you an invoice for your premium each month or send you a text or email reminder when your new invoice is ready to view in your My CareSource account. Be sure to pay by the due date listed on the invoice to continue receiving all your CareSource benefits and services.
Your member ID card
Common copay and coinsurance amounts (cost shares) are shown on your ID card. Your ID card and plan documents are available in your MyCareSource.com account and under the Plans section of the website.
- You will get your ID card 7-10 days after we receive your initial invoice payment.
- You can view and share a digital copy of your ID card by using the CareSource mobile app. Your digital card will be available shortly after your first payment is received and posted.
- You can get additional printed copies of your ID card by requesting a new card using your My CareSource account, or by calling Member Services and using our automated attendant to request a copy.
Use your benefits
Find and use an in-network Primary Care Provider (PCP)
The best way to start using your health benefits is by finding and using an in-network Primary Care Provider. Your PCP will be your first stop for health check ups, wellness, and illness care.
- Use our Find A Doctor/Provider online tool.
- Make an appointment with the Primary Care Provider of your choice
- Not sick? That’s ok! Annual wellness checks are FREE and help you create a relationship with your provider. Having a relationship with your provider is important for your continued good health. It also can help you get future appointments faster!
See if your prescriptions are covered
Use the Find My Prescriptions online tool to see if your prescriptions are covered and their cost.
Get Involved with our Care Management Programs
CareSource offers no-cost programs to help you get or stay healthy, including Diabetes Management, Tobacco Cessation, and Weight Loss. Get more information about Care and Disease Management here.
Easy ways to get care
CareSource24® Nurse Advice Line. The CareSource24 phone number is on your ID card. Call any time and speak to a Registered Nurse about your health related questions. They can help you decide the best place to go for care.
You have more access to care through convenience care clinics inside many local pharmacies and grocery stores. These clinics are normally open evenings and weekends to make it easier for you to get care.
Telehealth through your provider or through a $0 cost telehealth program provider. Get all day, every day access to providers with Teladoc®. Skip the trip and the wait. Save money, time and worry when you use Teladoc. Call 1-800-TELADOC (835-2362), use our CareSource mobile app, or visit www.Teladoc.com/CareSource.
Learn how to improve your health
- Take a Health Assessment through MyHealth in your My CareSource account.
- Get a FREE personalized Healthy Lifestyle Plan. This easy-to-read guide gives you tips and tools to improve your health and wellbeing.
- Watch helpful videos through the CareSource mobile app or on CareSource.com
- Read helpful articles on our Education web pages or link to other health related websites.
- Use your My CareSource account to access helpful online tools, such as myStrength, for your emotional well-being; and MyResources, for those times in life when you may need help and support from other community resources, for things like food, shelter and more.
Questions? Call Us.
Member Services: 1-888-815-6446 (TTY: 1-800-648-6056 or 711), Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., Eastern Standard Time.