August 2020 Broker Bulletin
- University Hospitals (Cleveland, OH area), including all doctors and ancillaries, is now in network for all products.
- Health Partners Network, LLC a subsidiary of Northeast Georgia Health System (Gainesville, GA area), including the Longstreet Clinic, LLC and Northeast Georgia Physicians Group and other Health Partners Network Hospitals, Physician Groups and ancillaries, will be in-network for our Marketplace product beginning January 1, 2021.
For this year’s AEP season, CareSource will be expanding its service area in Ohio and beyond! Along with adding 3 new counties to our Ohio coverage area, we will offer two Medicare Advantage HMO plans and one Dual Special Needs plan in select counties in Indiana, Kentucky and Georgia for the 2021 plan year. Individual producers, please contact your broker agency for more information about getting contracted to sell CareSource Medicare plans.
New Advertising Campaign
The COVID-19 pandemic has changed everyone’s lives. Many people who normally have the comfort of employer-sponsored health insurance have lost their jobs. With the rising unemployment rate and the increasing importance of affordability, CareSource is running a digital/social media Marketplace campaign in Indiana, Kentucky, and Ohio targeting those people who have lost their jobs but are likely not Medicaid eligible. Reps in Indiana, Kentucky and Ohio should soon receive inserts that can be added to CareSource Marketplace brochures for handout.
CareSource Medicare Series
Beginning in August, CareSource will be offering a series of Medicare training programs, which will be open to all of our agents as well as their staff. This free series will be offered online. It will begin with the fundamentals and progress to more complex subjects from week to week. This is an excellent opportunity to provide free training to any staff or new agents interested in learning about and selling within the Medicare market!
- August 5 – Medicare 101 Medicare Basics (What is Medicare)
- August 12 – Medicare 102 Medicare Basics (Qualifying, Premiums and Plan Types)
- August 19 – Medicare 103 Medicare Advantage Plans and Levels of Coverage
- August 26 – Medicare 104 Special Needs Plans
- September 2 – Medicare 105 Medicare Marketing Do’s and Don’ts
- September 9 – Medicare 201 CareSource Medicare Advantage Plan
- September 16 – Medicare 202 CareSource Dual Special Needs Plan
- September 23 – Medicare 203 Operating in Connecture and Contracting
Each of the WebEx courses will begin at 9:30am and will conclude at 11:30am. Attending the WebEx live gives you the opportunity to ask questions, however courses will be made available on replay at the CareSource Producer Training page at some date following the live training. If you are contracted with CareSource, you will receive an invitation to each training via e-mail. Invitations will include the individual course login information.
Don’t forget, AHIP certification is one of the requirements to be considered ready to sell CareSource Medicare products. Training is available at https://www.ahip.org/course/medicare-fraud-waste-and-abuse-fwa-training/. This training is carrier agnostic. AHIP charges $175 for this course.
CareSource is migrating to a new platform, HealthSherpa, for our Marketplace enrollments. If you missed the training that was conducted on July 20, you can view the replay by clicking here.
Due to the pandemic, CareSource will be bringing its annual roadshows online to you! We’ll be highlighting all the product changes and updates and giving insight to what you can expect from CareSource’s suite of products this year. Be on the lookout for WebEx invitations to these educational events.