Humana – CareSource® credentials and recredentials all licensed independent practitioners including physicians, facilities and non-physicians with whom it contracts and who fall within its scope of authority and action. Through credentialing, Humana – CareSource checks the qualifications and performance of physicians and other health care practitioners. Providers are recredentialed a minimum of every three years and are considered to be recredentialed unless otherwise notified.
You may submit a completed Council for Affordable Quality Healthcare (CAQH) application and send it to:
Humana – CareSource
12501 Lakefront Place
Louisville, KY 40299
Humana – CareSource is a participating organization with CAQH. Please make sure that we have access to your application:
- Log on to the CAQH website at CAQH.org using your account information.
- Select the Authorization tab.
- Make sure Humana – CareSource is listed as an authorized health plan.
- If not, check the Authorized box to add.
Please also include the following complete and current documents:
- Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) certificate
- Malpractice Insurance Face Sheet
- Clinical Laboratory Improvement Awards (CLIA) certificate, if applicable
- Collaborative Practice Agreement (CPA), if an advanced registered nurse practitioner
- Practitioners have the right to review, upon request, information submitted to the Humana – CareSource Credentialing department to support his or her credentialing application. Humana – CareSource keeps all submitted information locked and confidential.
- Practitioners have the right to correct incomplete, inaccurate or conflicting information by supplying corrections in writing to the Credentialing department prior to presentation to the Credentialing committee. If any information obtained during the credentialing or recredentialing process varies substantially from the application, the practitioner will be notified and given the opportunity to correct information prior to presentation to the Credentialing committee.
- Practitioners have the right to be informed of the status of their credentialing or recredentialing application upon written request to the Credentialing department.
For questions about credentialing, you can contact Provider Services at1-855-852-7005. You can find more information about credentialing in our provider manual.