Find Out if You Qualify for Medicaid
Open enrollment is a time period when people can sign up for a health plan. It can vary by states or regions. When you enroll through Benefind, you will see if you qualify for coverage through Medicaid and KCHIP, the Kentucky Children's Health Insurance Program.
When open enrollment ends, you have to stay with the health care plan you have picked. When open enrollment comes up again, you can stay with your current plan or pick a different plan.
How to Enroll and Qualify
Before you sign up for a plan, you will need to find out if you qualify for Medicaid. There are two ways to find out if you qualify:
- Call 1-844-407-8398.
- Go to the Benefind website.
Have your information ready when you go to the site. You may need the following information:
- Contact information, for example, email address, mailing address and phone number
- Identification information, for example, Social Security card or immigration documents
- Household information including the names, dates of birth and Social Security numbers of all persons living in your house
- Proof of income, for example, tax returns, pay stubs or W-2 forms
- Expenses information, for example the amount of alimony, student loan interest payments and school tuition and fees
- If you are employed, workplace information and health insurance information as applicable
You'll fill out some information about you and your family, your health insurance and your income. If you qualify, the website will then tell you how to continue enrolling in Medicaid.
For more information, please see our Frequently Asked Questions.