CareSource Advantage® (HMO SNP)
Important Announcement About CareSource Advantage
The CareSource Advantage (HMO SNP) health care plan will no longer be offered in 2015. That means coverage through CareSource Advantage will end December 31, 2014. If you are a CareSource Advantage member, you should have received a letter in early October about this important change.
CareSource is committed to helping you get the information you need to choose new health and drug coverage. We are also committed to giving you the highest quality of service for as long as you are a CareSource Advantage member. We thank you for being a member and are sorry for any inconvenience.
Your Coverage Options
CareSource® MyCare Ohio
If you live in Northeastern Ohio you may be eligible to join CareSourceMyCare Ohio for your Medicare and Medicaid benefits. If you qualify, you could continue to get your coverage through CareSource.
CareSource MyCare Ohio is a managed care program. We manage care for people 18 and older who are eligible for both Medicare and Medicaid. This includes people with disabilities, older adults and people who get behavioral health services. In this plan your care services are coordinated to make sure they meet your needs.
This plan is available for current CareSource Advantage members who live in one of the following counties: Columbiana, Cuyahoga, Geauga, Lake, Lorain, Mahoning, Medina, Portage, Stark, Summit, Trumbull and Wayne.
Please see CareSource MyCare Ohio for more information.
To have CareSource MyCare Ohio manage your Medicaid and Medicare benefits in 2015, please call the Ohio Medicaid Consumer Hotline at 1-800-324-8680, Monday – Friday, 7 a.m. to 8 p.m., Saturday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
You can also:
- Visit http://www.medicare.gov/, and click on “Find health & drug plans” to compare the plans in your area.
- Refer to the 2015 Medicare & You Handbook for a list of all Medicare health and prescription drug plans in your area. Note: If you want to join one of these plans, call the plan to get information about their costs, rules, and coverage.
- You can order a printed copy of the Medicare & You handbook by calling 1-800-633-4227 (1-800-MEDICARE) or by going to: http://www.medicare.gov/Publications/
You can also get help choosing plans by:
- Calling the Ohio Senior Health Insurance Information Program (OSHIIP) at 1-800-686-1578. Counselors are available, at no cost to you, to answer your questions, discuss your needs, and give you information about your options.
- Calling 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227). Tell them you received a letter saying your CareSource Advantage plan isn’t going to be offered next year and you want help choosing a new plan. This toll-free number is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
As long as you are a member of CareSource Advantage, you will be able to get all the benefits of Original Medicare as well as the Additional Services that CareSource offers.
CareSource provides all required Medicare services, plus more.
Updated October 30, 2014
CMS Approved 12-5-14