Find a Doctor/Provider
CareSource offers a large network of participating physicians, hospitals, and other health care providers for members to choose from. Please view the following:
- 2014 Central Ohio Provider Directory
- 2014 Southwest Ohio Provider Directory
- 2014 Northeast Ohio Provider Directory
- 2014 Northwest Ohio Provider Directory
The directory has information about how to get your covered services. It also lists the participating providers in your area. You can also use our Find a Doctor/Provider online tool to find a doctor. We update the online tool weekly to make sure you have the most accurate information to make your decision.
You can also get basic information about how to get your covered services in the
Introduction to the 2013 Central Ohio Provider Directory or the Introduction to the 2014 Central Ohio Provider Directory, the
Introduction to the 2013 Southwest Ohio Provider Directory or the Introduction to the 2014 Southwest Ohio Provider Directory, the
Introduction to the 2013 Northeast Ohio Provider Directory or the Introduction to the 2014 Northeast Ohio Provider Directory,
or the Introduction to the 2013 Northwest Ohio Provider Directory or the Introduction to the 2014 Northwest Ohio Provider Directory.
If you have a question or want to know more details about CareSource Advantage® (HMO SNP) providers, we can help. Please call our Member Services Department at 1-800-708-8729, Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. (TTY users should call 1-800-750-0750 or 711). We can give you the most current information. We want to make sure you are aware of all of your options.
You may request any of our 2013 or 2014 materials by calling our Member Services Department at 1-800-708-8729, Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. (TTY users should call 1-800-750-0750 or 711).
Online Find a Doctor/Provider Tool
Our Find a Doctor/Provider Tool lists the doctors and other health care providers CareSource members can go to for care. You can use this tool to find a doctor who is close to where you live. We update it weekly to make sure you have the most accurate information to make your decision.
How to use the Internet Provider Directory
This internet directory is a list of health care providers you may go to. You may need to see your Primary Care Provider (PCP) first before you go to some of the health care providers listed. If you have difficulty in reading or understanding this information, please contact Member Services at 1-800-708-8729 (TTY users should call 1-800-750-0750 or 711) for help. This information can be provided orally in English, or in your primary language. Written translations may be available in certain languages and accommodations will be made for the visually impaired.
The information listed in this directory is subject to change. If you have any questions regarding the status of a particular provider, please contact Member Services at 1-800-708-8729 (TTY users should call 1-800-750-0750 or 711).
You may need to contact your PCP before going to some types of providers. Some have benefit limits. Please call Member Services if you have any questions or for more information.
Please remember these tips:
Primary Care Providers (PCPs)
Your PCP is your personal doctor. He or she will:
- Work with you to direct your health care
- Treat you for most of your health needs
- Send you to most other doctors
- Admit you to the hospital
If you haven't already, please choose a PCP from this internet directory. You must choose a PCP from one of the following categories:
- Family Practice
- Internal Medicine
- Primary Care Clinic - If you choose a clinic, you can see whichever doctor is available when you go
Types of Providers
The information below will help you understand what kind of care different providers offer. This is not a complete list of the types of Providers you can see. Please call Member Services if you have questions.
- Alcohol and Drug Addiction Services - Help you stop drinking alcohol or abusing drugs.
- Certified Nurse Midwives (CNMs) - Nurses who have special training to help you with pregnancy, labor and delivery. You may choose one instead of an OB/GYN doctor.
- Certified Nurse Practitioners (CNPs) - Nurses who have special training to provide some of the direct medical services that doctors provide.
- Chiropractors - Treat back pain.
- Community Mental Health Services - Agencies that provide mental health care.
- Dentists - Provide care of teeth.
- Hospitals - If you need surgery, testing or other services from a hospital, your PCP will send you to a hospital listed in this directory. If you have an emergency, you can go to any hospital emergency room whether it is listed here or not.
- Obstetricians/Gynecologists - Provide care that deals with the female reproductive system as well as pregnancy, labor and care shortly after delivery.
- Optometrists - Provide vision care.
- Pharmacies - They will fill your prescriptions. They are part of our Pharmacy Benefit Manager network. A Pharmacy Benefit Manager is responsible for making sure pharmacies are qualified to deliver services to our members.
- Podiatrist - Provide foot care.
- Psychologists - Mental health counseling. It is provided by trained professionals who are not physicians. They do not prescribe medication.
- Urgent Care/After Hours - if you need urgent care, call your PCP. He or she may be able to see you right away. If not, you can go to a participating urgent care center. Or you can call our 24-hour nurse hotline for help. Just call 1-866-206-0554. Press the menu options to speak to a nurse.
All female members are allowed to self-refer to Certified Nurse Midwives (CNMs), Obstetricians and Gynecologists on the CareSource Advantage provider panel. In addition, female members are allowed to self-refer to women's health specialists on the CareSource Advantage panel for routine and preventive health care services if their PCP is not a women's health specialist. For a list of women's health specialists on the CareSource Advantage panel, please call Member Services at 1-800-708-8729 (TTY users should call 1-800-750-0750 or 711).
We review the professional qualifications of the providers in our internet directory except where noted. This helps make sure you get quality care. For more details, please Contact Us.
Updated October 1, 2013
CMS Approved 11/12/13