Formulary Search Tool
Drug List (Formulary)
CareSource Advantage® (HMO SNP) uses a selected formulary. A formulary is a list of drugs covered by CareSource Advantage to meet the needs of our members. The formulary is regularly reviewed and updated by health care providers and pharmacists.
CareSource Advantage covers both generic drugs and brand name drugs. Generic drugs have the same active-ingredient formula as a brand name drug. Generic drugs usually cost less than brand name drugs and are rated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to be as safe and effective as brand name drugs.
The formulary may change during a calendar year, if we:
- Remove drugs from our formulary
- Add prior authorization on a drug
- Add quantity limits and/or step therapy restrictions on a drug
- Move a drug to a higher cost-sharing tier
We must let you know if a drug you are taking is changing at least 60 days before the change becomes effective. However, if the FDA decides a drug on our formulary is unsafe or if the drug is taken off the market, we will remove the drug from our formulary right away. We must also give notice to members who take the drug.
The links below will allow you to view the drug formulary list as well as access other prescription-related tools and information.
- Comprehensive Formulary (See ‘Preferred Drug List’)
- Changes to the Preferred Drug List
- Prior Authorization
- Step Therapy Drugs
- Transition Process
- Quality Assurance Program
- Grievances, Exceptions and Appeals Process
Our Online Tools
This tool provides access to the full list of drugs covered by CareSource Advantage® (HMO SNP). To use our Formulary Search Tool, please follow these steps:
- Enter the name(s) of your drugs. There is a 4-character minimum so be sure to have a list of your prescription drugs nearby. You will also need to enter the dosage and the number you take per day. Then click on the "Add to List" button.
- If the drug you selected is not covered by CareSource Advantage, either choose a different strength of the drug or click the "Alternatives Available" link if it is listed on the formulary search tool.
- After you have entered all of the drugs, you can print a list by clicking the "Print List" in the top right hand corner of the screen.
- If you are finished with your search, click on the x in the upper bar of the pop-up box to close your window.
Updated June 4, 2013
CMS Approved 7/10/2013