CareSource® is a Medicaid Managed Care Plan that provides health care services to Ohio residents eligible for Aged, Blind or Disabled and Covered Families and Children (including Healthy Start and Healthy Families). Our mission is to make a lasting difference in our members’ lives by improving their health and well-being.
Our members get all medically necessary Medicaid-covered services at no cost. Some examples are preventive checkups and inpatient and outpatient hospital services. And, you get more. As a CareSource member, you’ll enjoy:
- No copays for health care visits
- No copays for prescriptions*
- A large network of doctors, hospitals and pharmacies
- Transportation to and from doctor appointments**
- Vision and dental care including checkups, teeth cleanings and eyeglasses
- CareSource24® – Speak with a registered nurse 24/7
- Incentive programs, like Babies First, that reward members for healthy habits
- Care management – One-on-one care to coordinate your health needs
- Behavioral health – Linking members to the care they need for their whole self, mind and body
- Disease management programs to help members manage their asthma and diabetes
- Consumer Councils – Join us in person to share your thoughts and learn about other community resources
*While CareSource covers all medically necessary Medicaid-covered medications, we use a preferred drug list (PDL).
**CareSource offers up to 30 one-way trips or 15 round trips per member per year.
CareSource is available statewide.