My Benefits & Services
As a CareSource member, you can get the same necessary medical services that are covered by the regular Ohio Medicaid program. And we never charge a copay for any medical service.
Our members get all medically necessary Medicaid-covered services at no cost. Some examples are preventive checkups and inpatient and outpatient hospital services. And, you get more. As a CareSource member, you’ll enjoy:
- No copays for health care visits
- No copays for prescriptions*
- A large network of doctors, hospitals and pharmacies
- Transportation to and from doctor appointments**
- Vision and dental care including checkups, teeth cleanings and eyeglasses
- CareSource24®– Speak with a registered nurse 24/7
- Incentive programs, like Babies First, that reward members for healthy habits
- Care management – One-on-one care to coordinate your health needs
- Behavioral health – Linking members to the care they need for their whole self, mind and body
- Disease management programs to help members manage their asthma and diabetes
- Consumer Councils – Join us in person to share your thoughts and learn about other community resources
*While CareSource covers all medically necessary Medicaid-covered medications, we use a preferred drug list (PDL).
**CareSource offers up to 30 one-way trips or 15 round trips per member per year.
CareSource covers all medically necessary Medicaid-covered services. These medical services are available at no charge to you. You should not be billed for these services. If you receive a bill, please call us.
For a complete list of these services, refer to your member handbook. If you have further questions, contact Member Services at 1-800-488-0134 (TTY: 1-800-750-0750 or 711).
Services Not Covered
CareSource will not pay for the following services that are not covered by Medicaid:
- All services or supplies that are not medically necessary
- Experimental services and procedures, including drugs and equipment, not covered by Medicaid
- Abortions except in the case of a reported rape, incest or when medically necessary to save the life of the mother
- Infertility services for males or females, including reversal of voluntary sterilizations
- Voluntary sterilization if under 21 years of age or if legally incapable of consenting to the procedure
- Plastic or cosmetic surgery that is not medically necessary
- Sexual or marriage counseling
- Inpatient treatment to stop using drugs and/or alcohol (In-patient detoxification services in a general hospital are covered.)
- Drugs not covered by the Ohio Medicaid pharmacy program, including drugs for the treatment of obesity
- Services for the treatment of obesity unless determined medically necessary
- Inpatient hospital custodial care or comfort items in the hospital (e.g., TV or phone)
- Acupuncture and biofeedback services
- Services to find cause of death (autopsy) or services related to forensic studies
- Services determined by another third-party payer as not medically necessary
- Paternity testing
This is not a complete list of the services that are not covered by Medicaid or CareSource. If you have a question about whether a service is covered, please refer to your member handbook or call Member Services at 1-800-488-0134 (TTY 1-800-750-0750 or 711).