CareSource pays for your prescription drugs and some prescription medical supplies at the pharmacy. Some examples are diabetic supplies, inhaler spacers, peak flow meters, syringes, needles, alcohol wipes and condoms. You will need to get your prescription drugs at a pharmacy that takes CareSource.
Please show your ID card with your prescription to the pharmacy. Your ID card will let pharmacies know that CareSource pays for your medicines.
Here are some more important facts about the prescription program:
- You have no copayments for your prescriptions.
- You have to go to a pharmacy that takes CareSource to get your prescriptions.
- The prior authorization requirements for your medicines may change.
If you have questions about your prescription drug coverage or problems with your pharmacy, call CareSource Member Services. The phone number is 1-800-488-0134 (TTY: 1-800-750-0750 or 711).
Specialty drugs might be ordered when you have a chronic or difficult health condition. They typically require special handling or monitoring or special administration.
CareSource works withÂ CVS Specialty PharmacyÂ to supply specialty medications that your doctor may prescribe. If you have been prescribed specialty drugs, CVS Specialty PharmacyÂ can:
- Help you get your prescription filled or moved from the pharmacy you get it from now
- Deliver your specialty medcations to your home, workplace or to your doctorâs office
- Help you learn about your specialty medication and give you support from specially-trained health care professionals
- Set up a visit from a nurse for those medications that need one
For more information, call CVSÂ Specialty PharmacyÂ at 1-800-237-2767. They can take your call Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 9 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST).
You may also access the CVS Specialty Pharmacy website to manage prescription refills for existing specialty mail order medications as well as check coverage information.Â You can still get your non-specialty medications through your local pharmacy.
Do you have general questions about specialty pharmacy? Call the Member Services department at 1-800-488-0134 (TTY: 1-800-750-0750 or 711). We are available 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday.