CareSource RxInnovations™ has partnered with Express Scripts to help you manage your prescriptions and save money.
- Drug Search – Check coverage and price of medication.
- Pharmacy Search – Find a pharmacy near you.
- Printed Formulary – Get more details about your medication coverage, including when you might need a pre-authorization and when you may need to try step-therapy.
CareSource helps you pay for your prescription drugs and some prescription medical supplies at the pharmacy. You can get your prescriptions at any pharmacy that accepts CareSource Marketplace. Use the Find a Pharmacy Quick Link on the left side of the page to find a pharmacy near you.
Here are some more important facts about CareSource prescription drug coverage:
- You have to go to a pharmacy that takes CareSource Marketplace to get your prescriptions filled.
- You will need to show your ID card and your prescription at the pharmacy. Your ID card will let pharmacies know you are a CareSource Marketplace member.
- You may have copayments, a deductible, and/or coinsurance for your prescriptions, depending on your plan.
- Some medicines may have limits on how much can be dispensed to you at one time.
- Some medicines may require you try another medicine first before CareSource will cover it. This is called Step Therapy.
- Some medicines require permission (prior authorization) in order for it to be covered by your plan. The health partner who orders the drug should help you get a prior authorization. The prior authorization requirements for your medicines may change.
CareSource uses a formulary, also called the CareSource Marketplace Drug Formulary. These are drugs that we like our providers to prescribe. Use our Find My Prescriptions tool to search for your prescriptions to find out what medicines are covered and at what amounts for your plan. You can also find the formulary document located on the Drug Formulary page, along with useful information such as how to request a drug not on our Drug Formulary.
Using our Find My Prescriptions tool is a quick way to confirm your prescriptions costs. Drugs on the CareSource formulary are placed in six different levels or tiers. Each tier has a different cost-sharing amount. It is important to note that because of frequent changes in the price of medications, the prescription costs in the Find My Prescriptions tool may not be exact.
Some out-of-state pharmacies do not take CareSource, but most chain drug stores across the country do. If you think you will travel out of our service area, be sure to fill your prescriptions before you leave. You can also use our Find A Pharmacy tool to confirm if there is a pharmacy in your area.
CareSource works with Accredo Specialty Pharmacy to supply specialty medications that your doctor may prescribe. Specialty drugs might be ordered when you have a chronic or difficult health condition. They typically require special handling or monitoring, or special administration. If you have been prescribed specialty drugs, Accredo can:
- Help you get your prescription filled or moved from the pharmacy you get it from now
- Deliver your specialty meds to your home, workplace or to your doctor’s office
- Help you learn about your specialty medication and give you support from specially-trained health care professionals
For more information, call Accredo at 1-866-501-2009. They can take your call Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 9 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST).
You may also access the Accredo website in order to manage prescription refills for existing specialty mail order medications as well as check coverage information.
Drug Safety Recalls
Sometimes, the federal government issues drug recalls. To find out if a drug you take is being recalled, please check the listings on the U.S. Food & Drug Administration website.