Providers who wish to contract with CareSource® must first be credentialed. Through credentialing, we check the qualifications and performance of physicians and other health care practitioners. Providers are recredentialed a minimum of every three years and are considered to be recredentialed unless otherwise notified.
CareSource is a participating organization with the Council for Affordable Quality Healthcare (CAQH). Please make sure that we have access to your provider application before you submit your CAQH number as referenced above:
- Log on to CAQH using your account information.
- Select the Authorization tab.
- Make sure CareSource is listed as an authorized health plan.
- If not, check the Authorized box to add.
Please also include the following documents:
- Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) certificate and/or Controlled Dangerous Substances (CDS) certificate
- Malpractice insurance face sheet
- Clinical Laboratory Improvement Awards (CLIA) certificate, if applicable
- Standard Care Agreement (SCA), if an advanced practice nurse
- Supervisory agreement, if a physician assistant
It is essential that all documents are complete and current, or CareSource will discontinue the contracting and credentialing process.
If you have missing or expired documents, the Credentialing staff will send you a letter with instructions to correct and submit the updated information.
For questions about credentialing, call CareSource at 1-844-607-2831 and follow the prompts to be directed to one of our Credentialing staff. You can leave a detailed message, and one of our staff will return your call within three business days. We can research the status of your application in the credentialing process or what documents might still be needed.