Coronavirus Information and Resources
CareSource partners with MYidealDOCTOR™ to provide telehealth services. If you believe you have been affected by COVID-19, you can use MYidealDOCTOR to talk to the doctor by phone, computer or mobile app to evaluate your symptoms without having to leave your home.
CareSource24® Nurse Advice Line provides around-the-clock access to a caring and experienced staff of registered nurses. They can help you decide where to get care. Members can call the CareSource24 toll-free number located on their ID cards 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
CDC Resources & Updates
New Benefits, Existing Programs, and Services for Members:
We want our members to rest assured that their health coverage through CareSource continues to offer many existing programs and services in addition to new options due to COVID-19.
- Transportation for Convalescent Plasma Donation – CareSource is giving one free round trip to donate convalescent COVID-19 plasma for eligible members in Ohio Medicaid, MyCare, Medicare Advantage or MA-Dual Special Needs plans. Members must meet clinical criteria to donate. Call the Member Services number on the back of your CareSource Member ID card to get details. Or visit Donate COVID-19 Plasma for more information.
- COVID-19 testing is covered with no out-of-pocket costs for all members, regardless of their plan. Members will receive COVID-19 testing at approved locations.
- CareSource 24® Nurse Advice Line provides members with unlimited access to talk with a caring and experienced staff of registered nurses about symptoms or health questions.
- Telehealth options are encouraged as available from your primary provider or through MYidealDOCTOR™. CareSource partners with MYidealDOCTOR to offer members access 24/7 to doctors by phone, mobile app or computer to evaluate symptoms or risk of infection, and triage next steps. Contact your primary care provider (PCP) to see if they offer telehealth visits.
- Care Management is available to support members at higher risk for developing more serious complications from COVID-19 illness.
- Early refills of your medications for all CareSource members is available for most drugs.
- 90-day supply of maintenance medications for CareSource members (where allowable).
- Home delivery for prescription drugs available to MyCare members.
- MyResources interactive tool connects members with programs and services to access food, shelter, financial support and more. Log into your My CareSource® account.
CareSource monitors state and federal guidance on COVID-19, and we recognize that rules related to services, coverage and requirements may change quickly as the situation evolves.
Requirements may vary by plan.
Some known schemes involve:
- There are many scammers making fake businesses, websites, and social media accounts claiming to sell medical supplies like surgical masks. They pocket the money and do not give the supplies.
- Economic payment impacts – people are getting phone calls, texts, emails, and social media posts about the economic impact payment to citizens during COVID-19. These are scams trying to gain access to your private information or get you to pay them a small fee to have your check expedited. Do not sign over your economic impact payment check to someone you do not know.
- Selling fake cures for COVID-19 online.
- Phone calls, web posts or emails, and door to door visits guaranteeing free care packages. Care packages may have hand sanitizer, vaccines, or free testing kits in exchange for your Medicaid or Medicare number.
- Phishing emails from groups posing as the World Health Organization (WHO) or the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- Malicious websites and apps that appear to share COVID-19 related info. Their goal is to gain and lock use to your phone, tablet or computer until you send funds.
- Fake charitable groups asking for donations.
If fraud is suspected, call the CareSource member hotline. Tell the automated aide you wish to report fraud. You will connect to a confidential fraud hotline. This hotline is available 24 hours seven days a week.
You may also report using the following ways:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 1-800-418-0248
- Mail: CareSource
Attn: Special Investigations Unit
PO Box 1940
Dayton, OH 45401-1940
If you are having trouble finding the information you are looking for on our website or have more questions, please call us. Our Member Services staff will be happy to answer your questions.