Mail Order Drugs
Get Your Prescriptions Delivered to Your Door!
You can get many of your Medicare Part D drugs sent to your home through mail. We work with Express Scripts® to offer these services to you. When you use these services, your eligible Medicare Part D drugs are mailed to your home. There is no charge for shipping if you use regular delivery.
- Convenience. Ordering is easy and your medicines are sent right to your home.
- Quality and safety. Dedicated pharmacists look over each prescription to make sure it is correct. They also check to make sure you aren’t taking drugs that shouldn’t be taken together.
- Guidance. If you have questions, you can call a pharmacist or technician for help 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Easy Refills. You can order refills by phone or online. It’s always a good idea to order your refills at least two weeks before your medicine runs out.
Can I Get My Drugs Through the Mail?
Please be aware that some Part D drugs are not available through the mail order service. If a drug can be ordered through the mail, you will see the letters “MO” next to the drug name in our online Preferred Drug Listing, or Formulary. This stands for mail order drug.
How to Get Started
If you already have a prescription, choose one of three ways to send it:
- Ask your doctor to call it in to 1-888-327-9791.
- Ask your doctor to fax it to 1-800-837-0959.
- Mail it and a completed Mail Order form to:
Home Delivery Service
PO BOX 66577
St Louis, MO 63166-6577
You can also call ESI at 1-800-351-0567 to ask for a Mail Order form.
If you need a prescription, you can:
- Call ESI at 1-800-351-0567 from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST), Monday – Friday.
- Go online. https://www.express-scripts.com and sign in or register.
Please make sure you have your CareSource Dual Advantage member ID card and the names of your medicines. You will also need your doctor’s name and phone number.
Note: You must order at least a 30-day supply of the drug and no more than a 90-day supply.
Automatic Refill Service
CareSource Dual Advantage allows members to use an “automatic refill” service for their mail-order drugs. We will need your permission before we can send you a refill by mail. That way we make sure you get only the drugs you need.
Please allow up to 10 days from the time you place your order to receive delivery. If your mail order is delayed, please call ESI at 1-800-351-0567 to check on it. You can also check online at express-scripts.com. Just sign in and provide an order number, Rx number or member information.
Use a Network Pharmacy
If you use a mail-order pharmacy that is not in the CareSource Dual Advantage network, your drug will not be covered. If your drug needs a prior authorization, our mail-order pharmacy will call your doctor. If the prescription is rejected or the drug is out of stock, our mail-order pharmacy will contact you. The pharmacy will make sure you get a two-week supply through a local retail pharmacy.
To learn more about the mail-order service, please call our Member Services department at 1-833-230-2020 (TTY: 711). We are open 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. Monday through Friday, and from October 1 – March 31 we are open the same hours seven days a week.
This information is not a complete description of benefits. Call Member Services for more information.
The Formulary, pharmacy network, and/or provider network may change at any time. You will receive notice when necessary.