Mail Order Drugs
Get Your Prescriptions Delivered to Your Door!
You can get many of your Medicare Part D drugs sent to your home through mail. We work with Express Scripts® to offer these services to you. There is no charge for shipping if you use regular delivery. Below are some of the benefits of having your prescriptions delivered!
Why Use Mail Order?
- Convenience. Ordering is easy and your medicines are sent right to your mailbox.
- Quality and safety. Dedicated pharmacists look over each prescription to make sure it is correct. They also check to make sure you aren’t taking drugs that shouldn’t be taken together.
- Support. Call 1-833-230-2073 to speak with a pharmacist today! We are open 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Easy Refills. You can order refills by phone or online. It’s always a good idea to order your refills at least two weeks before your medicine runs out. You can also sign up for automatic refills so you never miss a fill.
How to Get Started
To get started with mail order from Express Scripts®, choose one of the following:
- Ask your provider to send your prescription electronically to Express Scripts. This is the fastest way to get your medication!
- Visit express-scripts.com/rx, register or log in to your account, and click the Request an Rx button on the right side of the home page.
- Dial the Pharmacy number on the back of your CareSource member ID card, and we’ll contact your provider for you.
Automatic Refill Service
CareSource Dual Advantage allows members to use an “automatic refill” service for qualifying mail order drugs. Express Scripts will need your permission before we can send you a refill by mail. That way we make sure you get only the drugs you need.
Please allow up to 11 days from the time you place your order to receive delivery. If your mail order is delayed, please call ESI at 1-800-351-0567 to check on it. You can also check online at express-scripts.com. Click Login to sign into your account and review your order history.
Use a Network Pharmacy
If you use a mail order pharmacy that is not in the CareSource Dual Advantage network, your drug will not be covered. If you have a drug that requires pre-authorization and you would like to use mail orders, our mail order pharmacy will call your provider. If your prescription is rejected or the drug is out of stock, they will contact you and make sure you get a temporary supply through a local retail pharmacy until your mail order request is completed.
To learn more about the mail-order service, please call our Member Services department at 1-833-230-2020 (TTY: 1-833-711-4711 or 711). We are open 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Friday, and from October 1 through March 31 we are open the same hours, seven days a week.
The comprehensive formulary, pharmacy network and/or provider network may change at any time. You will receive notice when necessary.