Mail Order Drugs
Get Your Prescriptions Delivered to Your Door!
You can get many of your Medicare Part D drugs sent to your home through mail. We work with CVS Caremark to offer these services to you. When you use these services, your eligible Medicare Part D drugs are mailed to your home.There is no charge for shipping if you use regular delivery.
Why Use Mail Order?
- Convenience. Ordering is easy and your medicines are sent right to your home.
- Quality and safety. Dedicated pharmacists look over each prescription to make sure it is correct. They also check to make sure you aren’t taking drugs that shouldn’t be taken together.
- Guidance. If you have questions, you can call a pharmacist or technician for help 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Easy Refills. You can order refills by phone or online. It’s always a good idea to order your refills at least two weeks before your medicine runs out.
Can I Get My Drugs Through the Mail?
If you get both Medicare and Medicaid coverage from CareSource® MyCare Ohio (Medicare-Medicaid Plan) you qualify to use the mail order service for eligible Medicare Part D prescription drugs.
Not all Part D drugs are available through mail order. If a drug cannot be ordered through the mail, you will see the letters “NM” next to the drug name in our online Find My Prescriptions tool and in our Preferred Drug List. This stands for “not available at mail order.”
This service is not provided for any non-Part D drugs. In the Find My Prescriptions tool, non-Part D drugs are those in Tier 3. In the Preferred Drug List, non-Part D drugs are marked with an asterisk (*).
How to Get Started
If you already have a prescription, choose one of three ways to send it:
- Ask your doctor to call it in to 1-800-378-5697.
- Ask your doctor to fax it to 1-800-378-0323.
- Mail it and a completed Mail Order form to:
P.O. Box 94467
Palatine, IL 60094-4467
You can also call CVS Caremark at 1-800-378-5697 to ask for a Mail Order form.
If you need a prescription, you can:
- Call CVS Caremark at 1-800-378-5697 from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST), Monday – Friday.
- Go online. Visit www.caremark.com/wps/portal and sign in or register.
Please make sure you have your CareSource MyCare Ohio member ID card and the names of your medicines. You will also need your doctor’s name and phone number.
Note: You must order at least a 30-day supply of the drug and no more than a 90-day supply.
Automatic Refill Service
CareSource MyCare Ohio allows members to use an “automatic refill” service for their mail-order drugs. We will need your permission before we can send you a refill by mail. That way we make sure you get only the drugs you need.
Please allow up to 10 days from the time you place your order to receive delivery. If your mail order is delayed, please call CVS Caremark at 1-800-378-5697 to check on it. You can also check online at caremark.com. Just sign in and provide an order number, Rx number or member information.
Use a Network Pharmacy
If you use a mail-order pharmacy that is not in the CareSource MyCare Ohio network, your drug will not be covered. If your drug needs a prior authorization, our mail-order pharmacy will call your doctor. If the prescription is rejected or the drug is out of stock, our mail-order pharmacy will contact you. The pharmacy will make sure you get a two-week supply through a local retail pharmacy.
To learn more about the mail-order service, please call Member Services at 1-855-475-3163 (TTY: 1-800-750-0750 or 711). We are open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
CareSource® MyCare Ohio (Medicare-Medicaid Plan) is a health plan that contracts with both Medicare and Ohio Medicaid to provide benefits of both programs to enrollees. This information is not a complete description of benefits. Limitations and restrictions may apply. For more information, call CareSource MyCare Ohio Member Services or read the CareSource MyCare Ohio Member Handbook. Benefits may change on January 1 of each year. The Formulary, pharmacy network, and/or provider network may change at any time. You will receive notice when necessary.
CMS Approved 10/1/2018