Medication Therapy Management
Medication Therapy Management (MTM) is a service we offer at no cost to you. The program is designed to help you understand the drugs you are taking. We want to make sure you are comfortable taking your medications and help you avoid any dangerous drug interactions. The program will reduce the risk of adverse events like drug interactions.
If you are eligible for an annual Comprehensive Medication Review (CMR) as part of the MTM program, CareSource will automatically enroll you into the program, and we will notify you via letter.
You may opt out by calling our Member Services department at 1-833-230-2020 (TTY: 711). We are open 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Friday, and from October 1 through March 31 we are open the same hours, seven days a week.
What Does MTM Provide?
- Annual Comprehensive Medication Review (CMR) for qualifying individuals.
- This review is a one-on-one consultation with a CareSource pharmacist. During the review, your entire medication profile is reviewed to ensure appropriate therapy. Goals of the medication therapy and any problems are confidentially discussed. After the review, you will receive a completed Personal Medication List ( English | Spanish) and Medication Action Plan ( English | Spanish) by mail.
- Quarterly targeted medication reviews
- Follow-up interventions as necessary
How Does MTM Work?
- First, you will need to verify if you qualify for the program.
- Then, you will meet with a MTM pharmacist. Our Member Services department can help you find a pharmacy close to you.
- Your MTM pharmacist will go over your medicines with you at your first visit. This is called a Comprehensive Medication Review (CMR). This will take approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour to complete.
- Your MTM pharmacist may find opportunities with your drugs. For example, you might be taking more than one drug that does the same thing. Or you might not be taking enough of a drug, or too much of another drug.
- Your MTM pharmacist will talk with you and contact your doctor to fix any problems that come up during the CMR.
For more information on the MTM program, please call Member Services at 1-833-230-2020 (TTY: 711). We are open 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Friday, and from October 1 through March 31 we are open the same hours, seven days a week.
The comprehensive formulary, pharmacy network, and/or provider network may change at any time. You will receive notice when necessary.