Quick Start Guide
You will receive an acknowledgement/confirmation letter and your Summary of Benefits and Coverage in the mail within seven days of your enrollment date. Now let’s get started.
Step 1: Start your benefits
Pay your first premium.
Your benefits are available only after you pay your first premium, and are active on the eligibility date on the acknowledgement/confirmation letter you will soon receive in the mail.
- If you paid your first premium online when you enrolled, we will send you a statement in the mail confirming your payment.
- If you did not pay your first premium when you enrolled, or made a partial payment, you will receive a bill in the mail. Make sure you pay the full amount by the date listed on the bill so that you can take advantage of your benefits!
- You can pay your first premium by mail or by phone.
What is a premium?
A premium is the amount of money you pay each month to have health insurance. You need to pay in full each month to keep your benefits.
How can I pay my premium?
Online: Credit card, debit card and bank transfers are accepted. Visit My CareSource to set up an account and pay online. With a My CareSource account, the ability to view and pay your bill online is just one of the many things you can do.
By Mail: Include your invoice with your check or money order payable to CareSource. Be sure to write your Member ID number (found on your bill or ID card) on the memo line of the check.
P.O. Box 630568
Cincinnati, OH 45263-0568
By Phone: Our automated bill pay system can take your payment 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Call 1-800-479-9502.
After you’ve paid your first premium, we will mail you a bill for your premium each month. Be sure to pay by the due date listed on the invoice to continue receiving access to your CareSource benefits and coverages.
Step 2: Learn about your benefits
Watch for New Member Materials.
After you pay your first premium, we will send you a new member kit and your member ID card in separate mailings. Some useful materials will be included that can help you make the most of your health benefits. Make sure to take your ID card with you every time you go to the doctor.
Set up your My CareSource personal online account.
With a My CareSource account, you can:
- Access and print your ID card after your first premium payment is received.
- View and pay your invoice or set up automatic payments.
- Find a doctor, specialist, clinic or hospital.
- Take a Health Assessment and get a customized wellness plan.
- View your claims.
Download the CareSource App to your phone and get:
- Access to your digital ID card.
- Access to your My CareSource account.
- One button access to CareSource24, our 24/7 nurse advice line.
- One button access to Member Services.
- Helpful videos and other educational tools.
Step 3: Use your benefits
Use our Find A Doctor/Provider tool.
Make an appointment with your primary care provider (PCP).
Not sick? That’s ok! Wellness checks are FREE and help you create a relationship with your doctor. Having an established relationship with your doctor can help your doctor understand your needs better and can help you get future appointments faster!
See if your prescriptions are covered.
You can find out if your prescriptions are covered, and their cost, under
Questions? Call Us.
Member Services: 1-800-479-9502 (TTY: 1-800-750-0750 or 711), Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.