Quick Start Guide
Welcome Ohio Medicaid Members!
We are excited to have you as a new member of CareSource! And we want to get you started enjoying your CareSource benefits right away. It’s easy!
Quick Start Steps for New Members
- Watch for Your ID Cards. You will get an ID card in the mail.
- Learn About Your Benefits. Read this handbook to learn about your health care benefits and how to use them. Visit our online Quick Start page at CareSource.com/Georgia to watch videos and learn more.
- Choose Health Care Providers (Doctors, Nurses, Hospitals and other Health Care Services) from the CareSource Network. You can use the Find a Doctor/Provider search tool to find a provider in the CareSource network.
- Make Sure Your Prescriptions are on the CareSource Drug List. You can use the Find My Prescriptions search tool to see what medicines and medical supplies are covered.
- Set Up a My CareSource® Account. Set up a safe online account at MyCareSource.com.
- Go to MyCareSource.com.
- Click Sign Up at the bottom of the page.
- Answer the questions.
- Click Register.
- Get the CareSource Mobile App. This mobile app lets you manage your CareSource health plan on the go. The app is free. The CareSource mobile app is available through the App Store® for iPhone® or Google Play® for Android®.
- Complete your Health Risk Assessment (HRA). Using a few questions about your health and lifestyle, CareSource can help your providers coordinate your care. You can take the HRA in one of these ways:
- Phone: Call 1-833-230-2011 (TTY: 711) between 7 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday – Friday.
- Online: Just log into your secure MyCareSource.com account and click on the Health tab.
- Mail: Return the copy included in your new member booklet.
- Do you regularly take prescription medications? If so, make sure these medicines are on the CareSource drug list. Check the drug list to see if they require approval from CareSource before they can be filled.
- Do you have an ongoing medical condition like diabetes or asthma? If you have a condition and think you may benefit from extra support from CareSource, call Member Services to ask about our Care Management or Disease Management programs.
- Do you have a medical procedure planned or treatment underway? If so, call Member Services right away (before the procedure/treatment).
You have these great resources to help you learn more about your health care plan and how to use it:
Our most used tools are found in our Quick Links section on the left side of each web page.
We look forward to serving you and helping you improve your health and well-being. If you have questions, just call Member Services.
Member Services: 1-800-488-0134 (TTY: 1-800-750-0750 or 711), Monday – Friday 7 a.m. – 7 p.m.