Quick Start Guide
We are excited to have you as a new member of CareSource! And we want to get you started enjoying your CareSource benefits right away. It’s easy!
- Step 1 — Get your member ID card. You will get an ID card in the mail from your new member booklet. Each person in your family who is a CareSource member will have their own card.
- Step 2 — Make sure that the providers you plan to use are in the CareSource network. In-network providers accept CareSource insurance and see patients who are covered through CareSource. Find a network provider using our Find a Doctor/Provider tool or call Member Services.
- Step 3 — Learn about your benefits. Look through your member handbook to learn about your benefits and how to use them.
- Step 4 — Keep your current treatment plans and care. If you are being treated for a health issue, call Member Services so we can help you continue your care and prescription drugs.
- Step 5 — Set up a My CareSource®My CareSource is a secure online account where you can change your doctor, ask for a new ID card, view claims and plan details, update your contact information and choose the way you would like for us to communicate with you. Signing up is easy:
- Go to MyCareSource.com.
- Click Sign Up at the bottom of the page.
- Answer the questions.
- Click Register. You’re all set!
- Step 6 — Get the CareSource mobile app. This mobile app lets you manage your My CareSource account on the go. The app is free. The CareSource mobile app is available through the App Store® for iPhone® or Google Play® for Android®.
- Step 7 — Complete the Health Risk Assessment (HRA). CareSource wants you to stay healthy. Using a few questions about your health and lifestyle, CareSource can help your providers coordinate your care.
You can take the HRA in one of these ways:
- Phone: Call 1-833-230-2011 (TTY: 711) between 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., Monday – Friday.
- Online: Just log into your secure MyCareSource.com account and click on the Health tab.
Member Services: 1-800-488-0134 (TTY: 1-800-750-0750 or 711), Monday – Friday 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.