Your 24/7/365 On-Demand Telehealth Services Provider
Use Teladoc when you can’t get a same day appointment with your provider or your provider’s office is closed. You can talk to a doctor 24/7 through Teladoc. You and your family can talk to a Teladoc provider by phone or video from wherever you are. Use Teladoc for general medical and behavioral health services, like:
|General Medical||Behavioral Health*|
Talk to a provider 24/7. Use for non-emergency health care needs like:
Talk to a therapist or prescriber seven days a week, 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
*Age restrictions apply.
When Should I Use Teladoc?
Use Teladoc when:
- Your provider is closed.
- You can’t get a same day appointment with your provider.
- When your issue is urgent, but not an emergency.
Not sure if you need a provider or should go to the ER? Call CareSource24® Nurse Advice Line first. CareSource24 can help you decide the best course of action for your symptoms and can even transfer you to Teladoc. No need to make another call. Use the CareSource24 phone number found on the back of your CareSource member ID card.
How Do I Use Teladoc?
There are easy ways to connect:
- Visit www.Teladoc.com/MyCareOhio.
- Call 1-800-TELADOC (835-2362).
- Access from the CareSource mobile app.
- Referral and direct connection from CareSource24®.
- Download the Teladoc app on your smartphone.
What Can I Expect From a Teladoc Visit?
- Most general medical visits last about 15 minutes or less. Most behavioral health visits last 45 minutes, just like an in-person therapy visit. You can get medical advice, diagnosis and even prescriptions, when needed.
- If a prescription is needed for your diagnosis, you can pick up the medication at any network pharmacy that you choose.
- If you need more care, the Teladoc provider will ask you to follow up with your primary care provider (PCP).
Have your CareSource member ID number ready when you call. You will need to answer a few questions about the reason for your call. A provider will contact you, usually within 10 minutes or less.
Note: Teladoc should not be used for trauma, chest pain, shortness of breath, major burns severe bleeding or the prescribing of DEA (Drug Enforcement Agency) controlled substances.
Please visit Teladoc or download the app on the App Store® for Apple® and Google Play® for Android®. You can also call 1-800-TEL-ADOC (835-2362) or access Teladoc through the CareSource Mobile app.