Care & Disease Management
CareSource offers care and disease management programs. These programs can help you learn about your health and how you can better manage your specific health conditions. Our goal is to make sure you have the right tools to stay as healthy as possible. These programs are available to you at no cost.
CareSource offers care management services that are available to children and adults with special health care needs. The care management team includes registered nurses, social workers, and other outreach workers. They are called Care Managers. Care Managers work with you, your primary care provider (PCP) and/or other specialists, and any family or caregivers you would like to help coordinate your care. Together, we work with you to meet your health and wellness goals.
Care management includes different levels of care. The level of care you receive depends on your condition and how much help you need managing your health care needs. One of the easiest ways to get started is by completing your Health Risk Assessment (HRA). Using a few questions about your health and lifestyle, we can determine the level of care management you may need.
You can take the HRA in one of these ways:
- Phone: Call 1-833-230-2011 (TTY: 711) between 7 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday – Friday.
- Online: Just log into your secure MyCareSource.com account and click on the Health tab.
- Mail: Return the copy included with your new member booklet. A business reply envelope was also provided so you can send it back to us.
CareSource offers care management for medical conditions such as:
- Behavioral Health/Substance Use Disorder
- Chronic Kidney Disease/End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Congestive Heart Failure
- Coronary Artery Disease
- Hepatitis C/ liver disease
Care Managers may ask you questions to learn more about your specific health conditions. This way, they can help you understand your condition and how to better manage your health. They’ll also help you access services and local resources. Care Managers can connect you with resources you need like food, clothing, and housing. They can even help you coordinate transportation to get medical care.
You may hear from a Care Manager if:
- Your PCP or other health care provider asks us;
- You or your caregiver asks us to contact you;
- We think we can help you based on your medical claims.
Please call us if you have any questions or feel that you would benefit from care management. We are happy to help. You can reach us at 1-800-488-0134 (TTY: 1-800-750-0750 or 711) and asking for care management.
CareSource understands that living with a long-term condition is sometimes hard to manage. We offer a free Disease Management Program that can help you learn about your health and how you can better manage your specific health conditions. Our goal is to make sure you have the right tools to stay as healthy as possible. We have developed valuable materials to help you:
- Understand your disease or condition
- Work with your doctor to reach your health goals
- Know when to go to the Emergency Room or call 911
- Make healthy lifestyle choices such as diet, activity, weight and stress management
- Be aware of medications and their use
Each year, we review and update our information about health conditions from the leading national sources. If you would like more information on these conditions and would like to opt-in to the Disease Management Program, please call 1-844-438-9498. We are committed to improving your health and wellness. If at any time you choose to not participate in the program, you may opt out by contacting us at the same number.
Disease Management for Kids and Teens
Kids and teens may need help if they are dealing with a chronic condition like asthma. Visit the KidsHealth page to find out more!
- Asthma Center: Asthma keeps more kids home from school than any other long-term health problem. Help your child handle the condition, stay healthy, and stay in school.
- Diabetes Center: Does your child have type 1 or type 2 diabetes? Get help to handle diabetes and keep your child healthy.
Healthy Body, Healthy Me™
The Healthy Body, Healthy Me™ program helps members who are looking for ways to manage their weight. Learn to make better choices and learn healthy habits. The Healthy Body, Healthy Me™ newsletters are for anyone who wants to lose weight or be healthier. Get easy to follow advice and tips for healthier habits. Take a look!
Members age 18+ can log in to learn how to get and stay healthy, take a health assessment, make a wellness plan and track your progress!
Health Care Links
Access many respected health care websites from one easy-to-use list.
myStrength is a safe, secure online tool that can help you strengthen your mind, body and spirit.
Member Services: 1-800-488-0134 (TTY: 1-800-750-0750 or 711), Monday – Friday 7 a.m. – 7 p.m.