Care & Disease Management
CareSource offers care and disease management programs. These programs can help you learn about your health and how you can better manage your specific health conditions. Our goal is to make sure you have the right tools to stay as healthy as possible. These programs are available to you at no cost.
CareSource has nurses and other outreach workers on staff who can work with you one-on-one to help coordinate your health care needs. They can contact you by phone:
- If your doctor requests one to contact you
- If you request a phone call
- If our Care Management staff feels their services would be helpful to you or your family
Our staff is trained to help you and your family with any special medical problems like asthma, cancer, frail or with other medical conditions. We can also work with you if you need help figuring out when to get medical care from your doctor, an urgent care center or the emergency room.
For more information about Care Management or to talk with a staff member, call Member Services at the number below.
CareSource offers disease management programs for:
These programs can help you learn about your health and how you can better manage your specific health conditions. Our goal is to make sure you have the right tools to stay as healthy as possible. These programs are available to you at no cost.
Goals of our programs include:
- Helping you understand how to take good care of yourself
- Helping you adopt a healthy lifestyle
- Working with your doctor to reach your health goals
If your doctor, pharmacy or other health care provider tells us that you would benefit from one of these programs, we will send you information about the program. You can also ask to be in our Disease Management programs.
Disease Management for Kids and Teens
Kids and teens may need help if they are dealing with a chronic condition like asthma. Visit the KidsHealth page to find out more!
- Asthma Center: Asthma keeps more kids home from school than any other long-term health problem. Help your child handle the condition, stay healthy, and stay in school.
- Diabetes Center: Does your child have type 1 or type 2 diabetes? Get help to handle diabetes and keep your child healthy.
If at any time you choose to not participate in the program, you may opt out by contacting us at the number below.
For more information, please call a Member Engagement Specialist at 1-844-438-9498. We are committed to improving the health and wellness of our members.
Member Services: 1-800-488-0134 (TTY: 1-800-750-0750 or 711), Monday – Friday, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Members age 18+ can log in to learn how to get and stay healthy, take a health assessment, make a wellness plan and track your progress!
myStrength is a safe, secure online tool that can help you strengthen your mind, body and spirit.